Do you photocopy all your rebate submissions?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
I send all my rebates through work. Get a photocopy of everything submitted and the postmarked envelope.

Storm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Can't be bothered. rebates are a shot in the dark anyway :)

You're crazy man... I've easily gotten a hundred or more back in rebates. If I encounter a problem I always call up and they fix it.

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
Originally posted by: minendo
Hell yes. Use the All-In-One my girlfriend got from Dell.

I read that the first time as "Use my All-In-One girlfriend from Dell" and I was like whoa, Dell's really diversified their peripheral offerings.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Originally posted by: allisolm
Yes and if the rebate's value is $50 or more I send it USPS Certified with signed return receipt.

Careful with that certified stuff. At least one of the rebate houses has said it won't accept certified submissions and others have said that they slow the process down dramatically.

Really? That's good to know, thanks. Maybe I'll just stick with USPS Priority with DC from now on.
I can't believe the Grand Nagus didn't realize this trap. :p

Everyone who does rebates regularly should be using PaperPort 9. :)

boggsie

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: jumpr
Yes.

I scan each item and save it digitally, in folders separated by rebate. Then, as each check comes in, I change the "- n" at the end of a folder name to "- y" so a quick scan lets me know what I have outstanding.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Yes and if the rebate's value is $50 or more I send it USPS Certified with signed return receipt.

I do the same thing:D, with the same $ cut off:D

I've called on a slow refund or 2, & when I've told them I had copies & what's their fax #, they usually cave & don't require me to submit anything:D Especially when I mention everything's being mailed to the FTC & my local state attny general's office along with their request for resubmission.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: dabuddha
I even photocopy the envelope that I mail the stuff in.
Yep. And I have NEVER had a rebate declined. I always get my money, even if I gotta tear new assholes over the phone or take action. Took me a BBB and a state AG complaint to get a BB rebate from New Rochelle, but I still got it (9 months later).
To me, it's not the money, it's the principle. The $20 bucks I might lose from a lost rebate is no big deal, but add in a few thousand plus more customers and sooner or later we're talking about serious cash.