"Do You Know Who I Am?"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
waffle-c1ccc31d3921b2a87f1485d51ff51a7eadff48e9.jpg

Delicious. Love me an Eggo.

KT

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Once upon a time I said to someone if they knew who I am. They said some smart ass comment like, "The Easter Bunny?" I said no, The Chicago Outfit you fat prick! The rest is history.

That's a good one. I'm going to have to store that one away should someone ever ask me that. :biggrin:

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
A buddy of mine told me a story with this once. He was working as the computer guy in a small business (about 40 people). Anyway one day the owner was out clipping the hedges (guy would do what ever needed done) and just enjoying himself.

A new guy started yelling at him to not do that. t

he owner said i can do what i want you aren't the boss.

the New guy said "do you know who i am? I'm the manger!"

the owner said "yeah? i'm (his name) and i own the company. now what?"

lol well something like that. i can't remember word for word.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I would say that they are edible... I don't know about delicious. Maybe if you pour some real maple syrup on it.

Every home made waffle I've ever had has been way better than the best eggo waffle.

Yes, the homemade waffles I make are way better than even any restaurant waffle I've had, but in a pinch I love an Eggo with a bunch of real butter and some Aunt Jemima. I hate real maple syrup, so none of that crap for me.

KT

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Those questions reminds me of people with low self esteem issues.

It's the same when someone is bragging about their accomplishments and how much money they have in the bank. They are looking for approval from other people. In reality, most people who have money don't say anything. They keep it to themselves. And, people who have achieved amazing things in their life and have high self esteem will say nothing about their accomplishments unless you asked them.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
When you turn in an exam in a large lecture class, you are usually required to show your student ID card to the proctor to prove that it's you who took the test, not a "ringer." Well, legend has it that a certain student forgot to take his ID card to an exam. He knew that the proctor wouldn't accept his completed exam without his ID card. So when he finished the exam, he went up to the proctor.

"Do you know who I am?"

"No," said the proctor.

"Good," responded the student, who proceeded to grab the stack of completed exams, put his on top, and throw them up into the air, scattering them all over the front of the lecture hall.

Because turning away and slipping their exam into the stack would be insufficiently dramatic. :rolleyes:

Mar 11, 2004
Yes, the homemade waffles I make are way better than even any restaurant waffle I've had, but in a pinch I love an Eggo with a bunch of real butter and some Aunt Jemima. I hate real maple syrup, so none of that crap for me.

KT

They have these "Thick & Fluffy" ones that are pretty good. I really like the cinnamon ones that are good on their own but I usually put some butter and syrup and they're pretty delicious. Obviously not fresh homemade delicious but still good.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I don't know, OP.

When was the last time you heard those lines recited outside of TV/movies? I don't think any of those happened to me once, maybe only in jokes.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
I don't know, OP.

When was the last time you heard those lines recited outside of TV/movies? I don't think any of those happened to me once, maybe only in jokes.

When I worked at the front desk of a hotel.

I would get guests asking if they (management) has informed me of who they (the guests) are.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
They have these "Thick & Fluffy" ones that are pretty good. I really like the cinnamon ones that are good on their own but I usually put some butter and syrup and they're pretty delicious. Obviously not fresh homemade delicious but still good.

I'll have to find those. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

KT

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I don't know, OP.

Basically any customer facing service employee will run into this. Also at airports, if you fly any route that has a high self important douche ratio and there is irrops you stand a fair chance of hearing it.

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
Why do people ask these particular questions? What do they expect to happen - we fall and flop all over ourselves to ensure we appease them?

Anyone here like to sling these questions around? And, if so,... why?

have you ever actually heard anyone say any of those in real life?

because I haven't.

I think you watch too many movies, and can't separate reality from fiction.