do you guys use DeadAIM?

Omegachi

Diamond Member
Mar 27, 2001
yea yea, AIM is a piece of crap, but all my friends are using it so i guess i will too. So do you guys use DeadAIM? The ads that are being displayed in the original program are fricking irriating, i am trying to find a way to get rid of it.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i still don't know why people ever started switching to aim from icq. the complete inability to send messages to offline people (i think they've recently fixed this flaw) was a huge hole in functionality

edit: i use gaim, generally

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Originally posted by: LordMaul
Meebo.

Gaim and DeadAIM and all that crap can't even step. ;)

Quit trying to act like you're from the ghetto.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
I do. It seems a little buggy, but that's mostly minor graphical glitches. I don't care about the ads, I got it for its logging ability.

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: habib89
trillian

FTW

Originally posted by: ElFenix
i still don't know why people ever started switching to aim from icq. the complete inability to send messages to offline people (i think they've recently fixed this flaw) was a huge hole in functionality

Marketing. AOL sent discs/cds to every home in America. A good number of people have sybscribed to AOL at some point in their lives and AOL eventually started pushing AIM. I agree though that ICQ is/was superior.

Omegachi

Diamond Member
Mar 27, 2001
i used ICQ back in the ice ages, but for some odd reason everyone started to use yahooIM/aim ( i guess ICQ was too complicated for them), and so i started using those crap ass programs too.

IMO, AIM is the worse IM program evar.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: ElFenix

Probably because at the time everyone and his brother had AOL. I started using AIM because I had friend who had AOL but not ICQ. I stopped using ICQ because the few friends who used it also started using AIM and I could just e-mail them if they were offline.

Originally posted by: cirthix
trillian>*

I've never liked Trillian. I've installed it several times to see what all the fuss is about, and it just doesn't do anything worthwhile for me. I stopped using it last time because it would mess up links I copy/pasted into a message window and sent to a non-Trillian user.

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
used to use deadAIM, then i switched to AIMutation, then im now at messenger mate.

btw, i use aim 5.5.3599. aim 5.9 blows and triton is crap.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: secretanchitman
used to use deadAIM, then i switched to AIMutation, then im now at messenger mate.

btw, i use aim 5.5.3599. aim 5.9 blows and triton is crap.

Triton is a steaming pile of crap. I have no idea what the hell they were thinking.

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
DeadAIM hasn't been updated in ages. It doesn't even work with the latest version of AIM. I have started using Gaim, although the inability to transfer files is somewhat annoying.