Do you fully utilize your graphics card's performance?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jimhsu

Mar 22, 2009
To be honest, SSAO is actually a pretty shoddy technique at simulating ambient occlusion (for various reasons, especially view dependency; search some of the more technical forums). Per pixel ambient occlusion is where it's at, but unless you have particular usage scenarios, it's typically too computationally intensive.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Mine hits 100% GPU usage in plenty of games, even with my less-than-top-of-the-line CPU.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
I will let you know once my Titan is here...I am getting in on the ARMA3 alpha on the 5th......ARMA has always pushed the boundaries more than any other game, however it does not have mass-appeal because the learning curve is longer, so it is definately not a run-n-gun.....but stunning open-world realism.

Screenies:

http://imgur.com/a/cKKWU

Last edited:

djnsmith7

Platinum Member
Apr 13, 2004
If you want to see what a GPU's made of, join a BF3 server with 64 players @ 2560x1600 on Ultra. That'll do it. Will also tell you a little something about your CPU.

Last edited:

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hey everyone, I was curious if we really need such powerful graphics cards for what we do (gaming, graphics work, university courses, etc). I just bought a graphics card recently to upgrade from integrated graphics and now I cannot find something to use it for! LOL.

If you think you have too much GPU, your monitor isn't big enough. Get 3 x 30" monitors and let us know if you still have too much GPU. :)