Do you feel safe today?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Statistically speaking I am more apt to be harmed by Republican economic policies than by a terrorist. Its a fact. You can look it up.

I don't think some of you understand the point of the OP...it was more asking do you fell safer venturing out into public -- I don't care about what's more likely to cause you harm because that wasn't what I was asking.

If I wasn't clear, my bad - but Fern really nailed it in his post.

However, I understand you all are explaining your reasons why -- I just don't want this turn into people shoving stats down each other throats about us being more prone to die in car accidents than terrorists attacks. I think we are well aware of the stats.

Last edited:

Sheep221

Golden Member
Oct 28, 2012
In general I feel safe, but the place where I live is very unsafe, so I have to pay extra attention to surroundings.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Yes I feel safe. We're all going to die someday and worrying about how and when is a waste of time. Spending a lot of time worrying about or "prepping" for disaster is akin to spending a lot of time planning what you will do when you win the lottery. Life is too short to spend any of it on irrational fear. All it does is lower the quality of what little life you have left.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
If you're scared then you're just being manipulated. There's nothing to be scared of. Honestly it's so great not being influenced by American media and culture anymore. It's kinda gross to be honest how much of our media is "selling" fear.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
If you're scared then you're just being manipulated. There's nothing to be scared of. Honestly it's so great not being influenced by American media and culture anymore. It's kinda gross to be honest how much of our media is "selling" fear.

Rage Against the Machine - Terror's the product you push. Well I'm a true addict, ah shit I got a head rush.

It's just gotten worse in the last 2 decades.