Do you feel aggrieved?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Humility demands that we do not rush to judgment. The greater the level of aggravation we feel the harder that is to accomplish. Humility is served by the awareness that we are tempted to judge because we ignore we do not have all the facts.

Reactions: woolfe9998

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Well in my opinion the relevance comes into play when weighting the pros and cons of the internet. Should we seek to turn it all off or strive to fix the parts that are destructive. That would determine where we need to change the structure of the system as it currently exists.

I think I would need a better grasp of history than I have to buy fully into these ideas. For example, I was rigorously trained to think critically in my high school English classes. We had to read many of the best books, determine what was being said and defend our positions with logical reasoning. When I was introduced to that I had a million thoughts and opinions none of whch I had the slightest idea how to express. I used to be regulary up at 2 in the morning struggling to get down on paper in thought some approximation of what I felt.

OK but where they had their maximum effect, im my opinion, was in their lobby efforts in Washington DC. That is because of the system.

And so, I believe, because they are similarly systemic in nature.

But I have always insisted that the need for conformity imposed on children by parents is to save then from the danger the herd poses by labeling and persicuting non-conformists as heritics. For example teaching children to fear damnation by a loving God destroys any sense of anything good coming of what is inalienable within. It turns the self against its own nature. The problem then is that what you call magical I would call real. The only thing unreal is how you see it, in my opinion. You dismiss the outward projection and miss the fact it is there as a reflection of what is real within. The whole idea that we are alone and separate arises systemically when that is what people believe.

We are the world in that we see what we believe. I had a rather strange experience the other night thinking about how thought creates the world that stopped me right there to pause to consider "What is it that is real?" I happened to be laying at an angle where I was looking at a colored towel draped over a desk by my bed. For just a brief second I started to really look at it and the color and dimensional nature started to come to life, maybe editically. Anyway, I suddenly remembered seeing things that way long ago. There came quite quickly a fear of that state and I assume so because there I sense a pain that I no longer experience seeing the world that way any more, as if it were all alive.

We skipped the light fandango
Turned cartwheels 'cross the floor
I was feeling kinda seasick
But the crowd called out for more
The room was humming harder
As the ceiling flew away
When we called out for another drink
The waiter brought a tray

And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly
Turned a whiter shade of pale

She said, there is no reason
And the truth is plain to see
But I wandered through my playing cards
And would not let her be
One of sixteen vestal virgins
Who were leaving for the coast
And although my eyes were open
They might have just as well've been closed

And so it was that later
That her face at first just ghostly

She said, 'I'm home on shore leave,'
Though in truth we were at sea
So I took her by the looking glass
And forced her to agree
Saying, 'You must be the mermaid
Who took Neptune for a ride.'
But she smiled at me so sadly
That my anger straightway died

And so it was that later

If music be the food of love
Then laughter is its queen
And likewise if behind is in front
Then dirt in truth is clean
My mouth by then like cardboard
Seemed to slip straight through my head
So we crash-dived straightway quickly
And attacked the ocean bed

And so it was that later
Ah, the room humming harder and the ceiling flew away. Memories.