Do you ever withhold work issues from management...

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Because you don't want to be tasked with the new project of fixing the issue?

Instead you just internalize the frustration and let it fester.

Sometimes I think of sliding anonymous notes under their door...o_O

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I do because I don't want to throw sand in the engine. I just quietly fix the problem, and everyone's stupid and happy.

chubbyfatazn

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2006
I just quietly fix the problem, and everyone's stupid and happy [except me].

On a more serious note - by nature of one of my unofficial positions (yay layoffs), I get "tasked" with fixing shit all the time (yay acquisitions). Frustration-festering is a way of life for me around here...

I should probably find a new job.

Nov 20, 2009
Over the years I have watched repeated instances of my peers working outside the framework of policy and process to accommodate a customer's perceived needs and risks getting into trouble of losing their job when an outage is highly likely. Even when the risk sin't there doing something outside of said framework trains customers to think they can expect (ahem, demand) more when they are not entitled to more. While all the customers are internal, it does make it difficult for those not stepping outside the framework when they are now engaging said expected customers.

If one cannot accept processes and policies of their job that is fine but doing a disservice to their peers is just bad. I frequently am found as a voice of reason and quite vocal. Unfortunately, I am now the poster child for my group as everyone else lacks courage to speak up for themselves.

May 11, 2008
Being open and honest about any issue that may arise is the best way. Even when it creates extra work at the short term, it creates a more relaxed and less stressful environment and less unnecessary work in the long run. Increasing efficiency.
You do need however to have honest persons around and above you.