Do you consider yourself...

Hyperblaze

Lifer
May 31, 2001
Liberal or Conservative.

PS: This is NOT about politics.

This is actually about your way of life

Jan 31, 2002
Everybody's so busy wanting to be down with the gang 'I'm conservative, I'm liberal, I'm conservative'. Bullshit! Be a ****** person! Lis-ten! Let it swirl around your head. Then form your opinion. No normal, decent person is one thing, ok? I've got some ****** I'm conservative about, I've got some ****** I'm liberal about. Crime, I'm conservative. Prostitution, I'm liberal!

- M4H

newParadigm

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Hyperblaze
Liberal or Conservative.

PS: This is NOT about politics.

This is actually about your way of life

Libertarian.

Conservative's favor economic freedom and little personal freedom, while liberals favor personal freedom but little economic freedom. Libertarians favor both economic and personal freedom, hence my stance.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Originally posted by: txrandom
What's a liberarian?

Someone who works in a libery, duuuh.

Anyway, I'm an unabashed liberal. I hate irrational religious poeple, mindless militaristic nationalist flagwavers, stupid traditions and just plain old fashioned authoritarianism. To be honest I hate plenty of liberal things as well, mainly the god damn health and safety bullshit they push, but in general liberal stuff pisses me off less than the conservative stuff.

newParadigm

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2003
Originally posted by: GuideBot
Originally posted by: eits
Originally posted by: txrandom
What's a liberarian?

imagine a conservative... and then multiply that by 20.

Wrong, but apparently I can't spell. :p

Conservative's favor economic freedom and little personal freedom, while liberals favor personal freedom but little economic freedom. Libertarians favor both economic and personal freedom, hence my stance.

Chart

^^From my Edit^^

InlineFive

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Everybody's so busy wanting to be down with the gang 'I'm conservative, I'm liberal, I'm conservative'. Bullshit! Be a ****** person! Lis-ten! Let it swirl around your head. Then form your opinion. No normal, decent person is one thing, ok? I've got some ****** I'm conservative about, I've got some ****** I'm liberal about. Crime, I'm conservative. Prostitution, I'm liberal!

- M4H

Nicely said. :thumbsup:

jhayx7

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2005
Neither. All politicians should DIAF. Let's start with a clean slate where the best person gets the job, not the one with the most money.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Here's me, classify me as you want

I'm not religious
I'm pro-gun ownership (it's your choice if you want to own one)
I'm all for legalizing drugs (if you want to smoke up, go ahead.)
I'm for the rights of gays to be able to get married
I'm against welfare, affirmative action, reparations, and other hand outs
I'm against cameras being mounted everywhere "for your protection"

Basically I'm all for an individual's personal freedom. I don't want to take away your right to own guns like liberals do, and I'm not against gay marriage like conservatives are. I think some drugs should be legalized, unlike what conservatives want.

I think people should be able to live freely without others imposing their will on them.
If they are not bothering others, they should be able to live peacefully as they please.