Do you consider yourself a computer nerd?

SlickWilly

Banned
Oct 30, 1999
I used to think I could be classified as a computer nerd....until I met with a Linux user group and met some REAL computer nerds. Hehe. I think knowledge-wise I would definitely be a computer nerd, but I'm not your classic personal hygein lacking computer nerd with taped up glasses :)

warlord

Golden Member
Oct 25, 1999
depends on who I'm talking to. when I talk to my neighbor, I may as well live on my comp, she didn't even know what a file was :Q but just like slickwilly said, then I talk to other people and I am just a newbie ;)

I guess I would have to say yes, since I am learning linux on my own, for fun. :)

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
nerd is an insult.
geek is a compliment.

My name is Stark, and I'm a computer geek.

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
I'm definitely the geek in my group of friends. I'm always the one they ask for computer help. But some of the guys I work with, are definitely way more geeky than me.

I also concur with SlickWilly and Brooks. :)

late.

TDP

hubbs

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2000
A lot of my friends ask me also what to do when they can't get something to work. But I really don't like to call my self a geek. I would rather be referred to as GURU.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
nope.

i am not a computer. but i am a nerd.

so there is no way that i can be a computer nerd. :p

i am a member geekdom at large.

0beron

Jun 1, 2000
<-----I proudly wear the Nerd picture. :p

(I don't consider being called a Nerd an insult.)

But, I'm with Mday... I'm not a computer. ;)
(hehe... I think only a Nerd could find that funny! :D )

&quot;...we call that the Dennis Miller ratio.&quot; -Frink (The Simpsons)

rastaman

Mar 13, 2000
I would consider myself a computer geek, or nerd. All my friends, relatives, parents' friends, etc always ask me for help. I take it as a compliment though.

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
Nope, I don't consider myself a computer nerd or geek.

In order for me to consider myself as such, I would have to be obsessed with computers/doing work, only talk about it, only care about it, etc... Spending time with my friends/family is of more importance to me than my computer. Simply spending alot of time using the computer would not classify me as a computer nerd or a geek.

-RSI

dohyun

Nov 4, 1999
no. but there are alot out there!

all i know is some stuff about the voodoo3, and how to play UT. i dont think i have enough knowledge to be a computer nerd. ok bye.

purplehayes

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2000
No, but a train every day for the 2004 Computer Nerd Olympics that are being held in Silicon Valley.

PH
=:D=

miken

Mar 22, 2000
Proud to be an American Computer Geek! It doesn't matter if you are a nerd or geek, after high school anyways. High school sucked. However, geeks make alot of money, and most of the people who made fun of you in high school are grease monkeys or failures...

:: Putting on lipstick and cleaning sniper rifle ::

but they'll pay... oh yes...

Sorry Adam Sandler movie flashback!