Do you believe that Israel has nuclear weapons?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aberforth

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Strk
Originally posted by: MovingTarget
I believe that they do. That being said, I do not know if they are a signatory to the NNPT. If so, then they should be inspected. If not, then we shouldn't be trading nuclear material/tech with them.

They aren't, along with India and Pakistan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U...Energy_Cooperation_Act

Operating India?s eight unsafeguarded PHWRs in such a [conservative] regime would bequeath New Delhi with some 12,135?13,370 kilograms of weapons-grade plutonium, which is sufficient to produce between 2,023?2,228 nuclear weapons over and above those already existing in the Indian arsenal. Although no Indian analyst, let alone a policy maker, has ever advocated any nuclear inventory that even remotely approximates such numbers, this heuristic exercise confirms that New Delhi has the capability to produce a gigantic nuclear arsenal while subsisting well within the lowest estimates of its known uranium reserves.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
Originally posted by: JS80
They're not going around threatening to wipe other countries off the map

No they're going about it relatively quietly. If you consider Palistine a country that is.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
I'll bet Tiawan has a bunch of em too. If china attacks they'll slag costal china in a loose/loose end game.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Corn
Originally posted by: newnameman
Since speculation is no longer allowed on this forum, I expect this thread to be locked shortly...

Where is Harvey to lock this shit up?

sounds to me like your calling him out.....

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
Since speculation is no longer allowed on this forum, I expect this thread to be locked shortly...

Are you calling him out?

No, I'm begging him to save us from reading this topic........

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Yes to the first.

No to the second.

This is an opinion, not speculation.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Aberforth
Originally posted by: Strk
Originally posted by: MovingTarget
I believe that they do. That being said, I do not know if they are a signatory to the NNPT. If so, then they should be inspected. If not, then we shouldn't be trading nuclear material/tech with them.

They aren't, along with India and Pakistan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U...Energy_Cooperation_Act

Operating India?s eight unsafeguarded PHWRs in such a [conservative] regime would bequeath New Delhi with some 12,135?13,370 kilograms of weapons-grade plutonium, which is sufficient to produce between 2,023?2,228 nuclear weapons over and above those already existing in the Indian arsenal. Although no Indian analyst, let alone a policy maker, has ever advocated any nuclear inventory that even remotely approximates such numbers, this heuristic exercise confirms that New Delhi has the capability to produce a gigantic nuclear arsenal while subsisting well within the lowest estimates of its known uranium reserves.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with this one.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: UberNeuman

Are you calling him out?

No, I'm begging him to save us from reading this topic........

Why did you point out his name and not just ask the mods to step in?

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Aimster
Taiwan has nuclear energy? I didnt know this

yes, they do...but i do not believe they have nukes. they may have tried to produce some in the past... allegedly, not anymore.

who knows if the US sent Nuke Fuses a couple months ago to Taiwan was really a mistake or not.....

now, if US can sell Taiwan AEGIS technology.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Pepsei
Originally posted by: Aimster
Taiwan has nuclear energy? I didnt know this

yes, they do...but i do not believe they have nukes. they may have tried to produce some in the past... allegedly, not anymore.

who knows if the US sent Nuke Fuses a couple months ago to Taiwan was really a mistake or not.....

now, if US can sell Taiwan AEGIS technology.

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/taiwan/nuke/index.html