Do you believe that Israel has nuclear weapons?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Israel never signed the non-proliferation treaty so no double standard with respect to international inspections. Now with respect to U.S. policy there might be a wee bit of a double standard...

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
They're not going around threatening to wipe other countries off the map, have no suicidal global fire burning agenda, and they pretend not to have any nukes. Hardly the same as Iran.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: JS80
They're not going around threatening to wipe other countries off the map, have no suicidal global fire burning agenda, and they pretend not to have any nukes. Hardly the same as Iran.

If you believe Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map then you better go blow your entire savings tomorrow.

Of course you don't believe that. You just like to spit crap out of your ass.
If you actually believed the things u spat out then wtf u doing on here?
This is how you plan on spending your last days?

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Aimster

If you believe Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map then you better go blow your entire savings tomorrow.

So you're saying Iran doesn't want to turn the State of Israel into the arab state of "palestine"?

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

So you're saying Iran doesn't want to turn the State of Israel into the arab state of "palestine"?

Iran doesn't give .02 about Israel or Palestine. It only blabbers about it to counter U.S power in the M.E. Their talks piss the U.S off.

If you think Iran is going to NUKE Israel you have about 1 year before the 1st nuclear war and all the religious nuts thinking the coming of Christ is coming. So how are you going to spend your last year on Earth? Chatting on ATOT?

newnameman

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Since speculation is no longer allowed on this forum, I expect this thread to be locked shortly...

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I believe that they do. That being said, I do not know if they are a signatory to the NNPT. If so, then they should be inspected. If not, then we shouldn't be trading nuclear material/tech with them.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: MovingTarget
I believe that they do. That being said, I do not know if they are a signatory to the NNPT. If so, then they should be inspected. If not, then we shouldn't be trading nuclear material/tech with them.

They aren't, along with India and Pakistan.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Iran doesn't give .02 about Israel or Palestine. It only blabbers about it to counter U.S power in the M.E. Their talks piss the U.S off.

If you think Iran is going to NUKE Israel you have about 1 year before the 1st nuclear war and all the religious nuts thinking the coming of Christ is coming. So how are you going to spend your last year on Earth? Chatting on ATOT?

The widow of Anwar Sadat said last week that the terrorists' last issue for effectively recruiting is the Palestinian issue, and if it were resolved, they'd be at a loss.

Her comments are consistent with reports earlier about how Osama bin Laden, who had never been involved with the Palestinian issue, began to use it for recruiting.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Strk

I knew about India/Pakistan, but wasn't sure about Israel. However, my position on that remains the same... Nuclear proliferation is a serious issue.

Dec 30, 2004

Hahahahaa. 10/10, you have made my day. You should become a comedian.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Kaieye
Or is there a double standard somewhere...

Comments?

Yes - There is a double standard. Israeli supports US policy in the Middle East and there is a active Jewish vote in the US that will work to punish any politician that threatens Israeli. It is kind of like we trade with Communist China but will not trade with Cuba because of the Cuban vote in Florida. Israeli has never officially acknowledged that they have nuclear weapons even if it is common knowledge that they have them.

cyclohexane

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2005
Originally posted by: Strk

I knew about India/Pakistan, but wasn't sure about Israel. However, my position on that remains the same... Nuclear proliferation is a serious issue.

the treaty itself is inherently unfair. It's basically saying it's okay for us (the original 5 countries) to have them but not okay for anyone else. If they're serious about non-proliferation, then all the current nuclear powers should get rid of their stockpiles (all of them).

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: kylebisme
Olmert noted Israel has nukes a few years back:

"Iran openly, explicitly and publicly threatens to wipe Israel off the map," Olmert said. "Can you say that this is the same level, when you are aspiring to have nuclear weapons, as America, France, Israel, Russia?"

http://www.boston.com/news/wor...ear_remark_draws_fire/

Here is some real news on the subject for those who care:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj8DNbcSiHA

There is no smoking gun here! YES Israel does have nuclear weapons in my opinion.
There is no double standard.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

YES!!! Given half a chance I could see Iran allowing some fringe faction to have the bomb....
Since Iran made the threat they should be taken seriously regardless of if the threat was BS or not.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Kaieye
Or is there a double standard somewhere...

Comments?

The whole world knows Israel has twenty or more nuclear bombs. What's with your silly question??

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Yes, few pundits hold an opinion of serious merit that Israel does not have nuclear weapons.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Originally posted by: newnameman
Since speculation is no longer allowed on this forum, I expect this thread to be locked shortly...

Where is Harvey to lock this shit up?