Do u take multivitamins?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

2cpuminimum

Jun 1, 2005
Placebin: It works, it's a pill.

Yes and yes. The significance is probably greater when you're eating nothing but potatoes, eggs, chives, and whatever you can cook with that and flour and sugar until you get your next paycheck and you haven't even started work yet.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I take an enzyme (Vitalzym) and Seasilver (multi-vit)

Stuff in Seasilver:

-VITAMINS:
VITAMIN A
VITAMIN B COMPLEX
B1 (THIAMIN)
FOLIC ACID
B2 (RIBOFLAVIN)
B6
B12
BIOTIN
VITAMIN C
VITAMIN D
VITAMIN E

-MACRO MINERALS:
CALCIUM
MAGNESIUM
POTASSIUM
PHOSPHORUS

-TRACE MINERALS:
ALUMINUM
ANTIMONY
BARIUM
BERYLLIUM
BISMUTH
BORON
CADMIUM
CERIUM
CESIUM
CHLORIDE
CHROMIUM
COBALT
COPPER
GALLIUM
GERMANIUM
GOLD
INDIUM
IODINE
IRON
LANTHANUM
LITHIUM
MANGANESE
MOLYBDENUM
NICKEL
NIOBIUM
OSMIUM
PALLADIUM
PLATINUM
RHODIUM
RUBIDIUM
SELENIUM
SILICA
SILVER
SODIUM
STRONTIUM
SULFUR
TELLURIUM
THALLIUM
TIN
TITANIUM
VANADIUM
ZINC
ZIRCONIUM

-AMINO ACID:
ALANINE
ARGININE
ASPARTIC ACID
CYSTINE
GLUTAMIC ACID
GLYCINE
HISTIDINE
ISOLEUCINE
LEUCINE
LYSINE
METHIONINE
PHENYLALANINE
PROLINE
SERINE
THREONINE
TRYPTOPHAN
TYROSINE
VALINE

-BIO-ELEMENTS:
NITROGEN
OXYGEN
CARBON

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
looks like they should just list the entire periodic table there,

why would they list clearly toxic stuff like Beryllium and Thallium?

Liver

Aug 8, 2004
If it works who cares if it is a placebo effect or not? I understand that is not a correct question for scientific pursuit, but in your own personal life, do you really care if they work? If in the end they make you "feel" better? If you can't spare the cash, well then make more money.

Liver.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: PottedMeat
looks like they should just list the entire periodic table there,

why would they list clearly toxic stuff like Beryllium and Thallium?

I don't know, but I'll say both of those things I take are the only vits I've ever taken that I can say I feel a difference when I take them.

seasilver product info

MrMaster

Golden Member
Nov 16, 2001
www.pc-prime.com
I had to take a handful of vitamins all through grade school and high school. cod liver oil, b complex, multi, c, etc.

Well, after 10 years I have started again. I THINK it is helping. I changed my diet too a few weeks ago so it is hard to sya it is just the vitamins that are making me feel and sleep better.

Someone want to tell me why I shouldn't have iron in my vitamins?

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
i take stress tabs and they deifnately seem to help....

iron is also really good for women that i have heard

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
I started taking them recently. I don't know if they are working. It can't hurt can it? And besides, look at the labels of the food you eat. Just add up the percentages for vitamin A and D and see what they come to. I'll bet it's not 100% for one of those two, not to mention the other obscure stuff like thiamin and niacin.

MisterCornell

Banned
Dec 30, 2004
My schlong was a generous 8 inches to begin with. I started taking multivitamins, and now it has grown to a Dirk Diggleresque 11 inches. I highly recommend it.

Plasdom

Jul 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Triumph
what's wrong with iron for males?

Too much iron in your system is bad for you. Women lose a lot of iron due to their periods (through blood). Since men don't have periods, we don't lose as much and therefore are more susceptible to having too much iron

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Plasdom
Originally posted by: Triumph
what's wrong with iron for males?

Too much iron in your system is bad for you. Women lose a lot of iron due to their periods (through blood). Since men don't have periods, we don't lose as much and therefore are more susceptible to having too much iron
women don't actually need the extra iron either unless they are anemic.
too much iron = constipation.

Legend

Platinum Member
Apr 21, 2005
"and whenever I take a leak I can't help but think "Damn that's some expensive piss" "

That likely means your body isn't absorbing it. Try different vitamins, because the ones your using aren't working.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Literati
Male?

If so, Twin Labs No-Iron is my personal recommendation.

But if you want to go with something else and you are a male, whatever you get, get it without iron.

if he is still young, and doing a bit of exercise, or eating a very sh1t diet, he could need the iron.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
make sure your multi has folic acid/ folate and vitamin B12. New research shows daily supplements (in the region of 500-800 mcg) of folic acid enhances DNA repair, reducing risk of cancer and slowing down the aging process at the dna level.

cchen

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Legend
"and whenever I take a leak I can't help but think "Damn that's some expensive piss" "

That likely means your body isn't absorbing it. Try different vitamins, because the ones your using aren't working.

Actually.... thats the vitamin B. You have no way of telling if you're not absorbing it

Tiqua

Mar 4, 2004
Yes. I take a vitamin almost daily.

All women who are of child-bearing age, sexually active and not using child prevention should be taking a vitamin. If not that at least something that gives them the required folic acid dosage.