do they usually check expiration dates on IDs at bars?

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
My license expired a couple of months ago and i haven't had a chance to pick up my new one from home. I'm planning on heading out to a bar tonight but i don't know if the license being expired will be a problem. Anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:

CT2TXtech

Banned
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by: AUMM
My license expired a couple months ago and i havn't had a chance to pick up my new one from home. I'm plannin on heading out to a bar tonight but i dunno if the license being expired will be a problem. Anyone know?

Dont think itll be a prob. I got turned away from a liquor store because i had an expired license. O, I was mad as sh!t, but i guess he was just doing his job. My dumb ass fault. But that was just one out of 20 liquor stores i visited when i had my expired license

NivekC4

Golden Member
Apr 26, 2000
Just bring other id's (like credit cards, insurance card, etc) that can validate your identity....that is what the bouncers around here ask for if there is any question about the validity of an id.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Technically they should refuse you entry if your ID is expired. Some areas are more anal than others, here in Oregon it would be guaranteed.

Go to DMV and get your license renewed, it's not that hard.

Viper GTS

Usually no.

I always thought that refusing to accept an expired ID is retarded. By it being expired it only proves you are old as the ID states, if not older.

natedawg

Dec 3, 2002
Yeah, it depends on the bouncer. Happened to me a couple months back. Went to one bar and he wouldn't let me in. Went next door and they let me in without a word.

AmericasTeam

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2003
What if someone gave you their expired ID so you could get in a bar or buy liquor? That's why its against the law.
That's why places will check.
You know if you don't check for valid ID and get caught you can be fined somewhere around $500.
Not the business. You personally.

SethK28

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2003
used my brother expired ID for 3 years before I was 21, never had a problem. But then again I live in a college town where underage drinking is the "norm"

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
I worked as a bouncer in college an we didn't accept expired IDs. I fired a couple of my doormen for doing so (among other things). Most states liquor laws require the establishment to verify age with a "VALID" photo id. An expired drivers license etc. is not a "VALID" id.

TheAudit

Diamond Member
May 2, 2003
Depends on the place. They wouldn't serve me when I had used an expired license one time. Most places probably wouldn't notice or say anything.

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
damn, i dunno if i should even try or not. i dont want to end up going there with my friends and having to come back

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
I got refused to get into a bar because my ID was expired. It was one of the dumbest situations I've ever been involved in.