Do some ATI chipset cards have DVI issues?

Sniper82

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Using DVI on my 19" BenQ will sometimes lose it's signal and get it back about 3-4 secs apart then finally loose it's signal altogether. Then I have to restart my PC the hard way but VGA is fine though. Seems to do it daily but not constant. Am using a Gigabyte X700 Pro. Also should VGA and DVI be hooked up at the same time?

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Try using the DVI port of your monitor with a different video card and see if the same issue persists. If you were also using it on a different computer and not just plugging a different video card into your computer, it's likely the monitor that's at fault. If you tested the DVI cable and it works fine, then it's definitely the monitor.

Try using the video card with a different monitor using the DVI port. If the problem persists on a different monitor with the same video card then it's likely your video card has a bad DVI port or it could be a bad DVI cable.

Try using a different DVI cable. If this fixes the problem then it was obviously a bad monitor cable.

Sniper82

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
nope but I looked through google groups with X700 DVI issues or something and quite a few ppl was having similar issues with DVI and X700.