Do radical extremists just carry acid in a jar on them at all time?

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
I just read a story on the news about a couple from Pakistan that killed there daughter.

They were walking down the street, and the girl turned her head as a boy drove by on a motorcycle or scooter, whatever, and the dad said what she did was wrong, and as the girl apologized he threw acid on her.

This was by the dad's statements.

So, what the hell. Do these extremist's just walk around with a jar of acid ready to throw on anyone, or primarily women, and daughters if they get upset with them? It is one thing in my mind, when they carry out organized acid attacks on schools, I can see that as a terrorist attack, with planning, etc. But to have it at the ready to kill your daughter, or wife, or something while walking around in public...

News Article

Apr 27, 2012
This is the problem with radical islam, they believe women are just property. I am disgusted by this but me and you will both be called racists for saying this

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
What makes you think they didn't take their time and do it slowly with her tied down?

Far as we know he had plenty of time to go to work and return with it, or perhaps it's stored in the house somewhere.

Ah, I found it. These are contradictions:
A Pakistani couple accused of killing their 15-year-old daughter by pouring acid on her
“She said ‘I didn’t do it on purpose. I won’t look again.’ By then I had already thrown the acid. It was her destiny to die this way,” the girl’s mother told the British broadcaster.

So his wife claims she just "threw" it. Must be her way of lying to take the fall for the man.

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
They don't need to carry a jar. They can just bite their finger and spray that acid around whenever they want.

Veramocor

Mar 2, 2004
I wonder why no one ever uses a strong base to throw at someone. Strong base would seem like it would do the same amount of damage.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
I wonder why no one ever uses a strong base to throw at someone. Strong base would seem like it would do the same amount of damage.

If I lived in Pakistan I'd be packing some strong base when I'm walking around, just so I can be that white knight when I see some poor girl getting murdered by her parents with acid.

modestninja

Jul 17, 2003
If I lived in Pakistan I'd be packing some strong base when I'm walking around, just so I can be that white knight when I see some poor girl getting murdered by her parents with acid.

Unfortunately you'd just kill her faster. To help her you'd want a weak base... Throwing a strong base on her would be like trying to save her from freezing to death by throwing her in a furnace.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
the girl turned her head as a boy drove by on a motorcycle or scooter, whatever, and the dad said what she did was wrong, and as the girl apologized he threw acid on her.
We've sure come a long way as a society. We went from death penalty for looking at a boy to endorsing gay marriage.

Throwing a strong base on her would be like trying to save her from freezing to death by throwing her in a furnace.
Are you suggesting Hitler was wrong?

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
There does seem to be an awful lot of acid just laying around in that part of the world. Thing is, this kind of thing is common enough that I wouldn't call them extremists. These are just normal Muslims from that part of the world; I'd say they're all pretty fucked up.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Unfortunately you'd just kill her faster. To help her you'd want a weak base... Throwing a strong base on her would be like trying to save her from freezing to death by throwing her in a furnace.

thanks for the heads up, I'll do just that. I did not do very well with Chemistry back in school ;)

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
There does seem to be an awful lot of acid just laying around in that part of the world. Thing is, this kind of thing is common enough that I wouldn't call them extremists. These are just normal Muslims from that part of the world; I'd say they're all pretty fucked up.

It's almost always battery acid (sulfuric). Lead-acid batteries are typically shipped dry, and the acid is added when the battery is ready to be sold/installed.

That means that we in the West have just as much acid lying around, it's just that we choose to put it, y'know, in our batteries.

Feb 4, 2009
I've spilled motorcycle battery acid on my leg and hand years ago, admittedly I washed it with baking powder promptly but it was in no way strong enough to burn my skin instantly. I'm sure getting it in your eyes or mouth is far more severe. I'm not completely sure that its battery acid.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Does anyone else picture in their heads a middle-aged Pakistani woman throwing a masonry jar of acid at a girl and watching the jar bounce off her head?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This is just a more extreme example of how the conservative brain works. These people live in an altered reality, a world in which the honor and worth of a family is dependent on the sexual purity of female children, where any deviation from that reality by young women can destroy the honor and social standing of a father, a mother, another sister, or brother and all ones extended family. It's not unlike the experience here for fundamentalist Christian families discovering a family member is gay. These people experience deep humility and shame, but deep humility and shame that is not real but manufactured, the very deep humility and shame they were taught as children was due them if they deviate from the approved methodology of social control.

We are exactly the same, the only differences in the nature of the altered reality we proclaim. All of this comes from the maladaptive use of a genetic survival technique built into our brains.

It may actually start with the unusual capability of the human tongue to sense bitter chemicals and then to a capacity to wretch and to vividly imagine something being disgusting, full of vermin and germs, etc, fruit that isn't safe to eat. When the experience of impurity becomes intellectualized via language we can be made as children to wretch at anything, but most importantly at ourselves. And through this inevitable sensation that was there to protect us, we can become imprisoned. We have connected that capacity to control through disgust and to another of our wonderful survival skills, our also genetic preference for people who are like us, our genetic drive for our tribe to succeed.

So we create a sense of self based on conformity purity, the sense that by virtue of conformity to our morality we are not disgusting, having been made to feel we were when we deviated as children, and a demonization of others as a source of contamination.

Here in America we consider these people disgusting although those who most do so are the most like them. So how did we get a bit better than them. The answer, of course, is the evolution of more liberal social norms, norms that we had to pay for to evolve with much agony and blood.

Keep in mind that it is liberals who evolve our culture, now on a world wide scale. And don't forget that the world is growing less violent and a better place to be in and will continue to do so as the children of more and more conservatives let go of the vine.

Wake up and join the winning team, the rational thinking human being who sees we are all the same, who disconnects language and certainty from a reflexive need to vomit.

Mandres

Jun 8, 2011
So, what the hell. Do these extremist's just walk around with a jar of acid ready to throw on anyone, or primarily women, and daughters if they get upset with them? It is one thing in my mind, when they carry out organized acid attacks on schools, I can see that as a terrorist attack, with planning, etc. But to have it at the ready to kill your daughter, or wife, or something while walking around in public...

News Article

I heard a report on this yesterday and thought exactly the same thing. What kind of acid that could potentially kill a person in minutes do people just have laying around the house? Do the mosques over there issue every family a "just in case" jar?

helpmee.jpg

Veramocor

Mar 2, 2004
I heard a report on this yesterday and thought exactly the same thing. What kind of acid that could potentially kill a person in minutes do people just have laying around the house? Do the mosques over there issue every family a "just in case" jar?

helpmee.jpg

Is that pic from Robocop?