Do NOT buy SanDisk products.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I have a sandisk 512 mb stick that I bought 3 or so years ago and still works great.

In contrast, my wife bought a sandisk micro with u3 technology that lasted all of 3 months before it became unreadable. Windows would not recognize it anymore when plugged in or anything.

It was a total piece of shit.

MyThirdEye

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I haven't had any problems with them.

Did you have a rock in your pocket or something? They just don't break like that.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
you need to take that out of your pocket before you get a lap dance from your sister.

MegaVovaN

Diamond Member
May 20, 2005
Originally posted by: ElFenix
you need to take that out of your pocket before you get a lap dance from your sister.

I think it broke because his sister is even fatter

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Oceandevi
Their SD cards are such a good deal I like sandisk. Monty you need to lose weight, I bet you popped the screen off with your thighs.

Man and to think you just posted today about people crapping in one's thread.

NERD FIGHT!

montypythizzle

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Canai
Originally posted by: montypythizzle
Originally posted by: Oceandevi
Their SD cards are such a good deal I like sandisk. Monty you need to lose weight, I bet you popped the screen off with your thighs.

Yeah, it was hard getting your mom off my leg, it still smells like pussy and shit.

Uh, shouldn't she have been on your dick, not your leg ? :confused:

edit: or are you an amputee ?

Sorry, should have been more clear, her left buttcheek got stuck (you know how many Jolly Ranchers were stuck to her ass?) on my thigh after trying out the reverse cowgirl position.

montypythizzle

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
I also posted this on other forums and heard their customer service was great. Did I just get the wrong person? All of my other RMAs have been flawless.
I am getting an e-mail from his supervisor, but I doubt that will do anything, maybe give him a sob story or some shit.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Originally posted by: montypythizzle
GAH, their warranty is ridiculous and they do not stand behind it. The protective screen on my Sansa Express broke somehow while in my pocket, screen is fine however. Anyway, I file an RMA request, they request pictures, I send them what they need.

They blame it on physical abuse, I ask why they would accuse me of breaking my DAP. I say I used it under normal operating conditions (in my pocket). They say they are denying the RMA.

Fast forward today, after numerous e-support tickets and what not, the supervisor of customer support of SanDisk calls. I tell him what happened and wanted to just get a replacement. I say that I used it under normal conditions of a DAP.

He says it was accidental damage (I am guessing this applies to dropping it etc.) and that the warranty is void even if the player worked and then died. I tell him the low-grade materials used in making the screen protector was a manufacturer defect, he says that a button or something falls off then that would be a manufacturer defect, I said my screen protector came brittle, that is a manufacturer defect, he still says no.

I then ask him do they cover acts of God, since it isn't in the warranty, he says "No, I don't think God did it" in a slurred Mexican accent.

So, I proceeded to quote the warranty and prove him wrong in every way possible and prove that this manufacturer defect was indeed covered under the warranty. He said he could not send me a refurbished or repaired replacement because they do not do repairs or refurbs. I then told him the warranty is wrong then and it is a false statement since it says they will replace with an equal capacity and feature model, or repair a defective DAP within warranty.

I then asked if I could also edit the warranty to benefit myself, he said "no". I said this is nonsense and I would like to talk to his supervisor after arguing with him for 45 minutes.

I am expecting an e-mail, along with a replacement. Never had this trouble with ANY customer support, besides buying an NEC drive from TD years ago, Newegg now.

You messed it up. Not their fault.

BigJelly

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Fmr12B
Great products and great support. They sent me a brand new E270 after the headphone jack broke. I returned just the player and they sent me a brand new unit complete in box with all accessories.

I put my SD jump drive in the washer and of course it died--luckily after I was able to pull off all the data. Called SD and told them what I did and they let me RMA it. Got the new one in 5 buisness days (yes 5 days AFTER I sent the broken one back--and they paid for the shipping). I recommend SD to everyone because of it.

montypythizzle

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
Originally posted by: BigJelly
Originally posted by: Fmr12B
Great products and great support. They sent me a brand new E270 after the headphone jack broke. I returned just the player and they sent me a brand new unit complete in box with all accessories.

I put my SD jump drive in the washer and of course it died--luckily after I was able to pull off all the data. Called SD and told them what I did and they let me RMA it. Got the new one in 5 buisness days (yes 5 days AFTER I sent the broken one back--and they paid for the shipping). I recommend SD to everyone because of it.

WTF!!!
You guys have to be lying to them or something, or they don't like taking back Sansa Express'.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Never heard anything bad about them before this thread.

When will the childrens learn that just because you had a bad experience with something, it doesn't mean everyone, or indeed anyone else did ;)

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
I had a 1GB Cruzer Micro stop working 3 weeks before the warranty was up. Called them and after running through some checks for them they sent me a new replacement. I am very happy with their customer service.