Do native-born Americans go to med school anymore?

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: adelphi
too busy to go to iraq to kill foreigners, why do u think they escape here

rolleye.gif

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
foreign people take school more seriously and get better grades and getting into med school is all about grades

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: TC2181
cause foreign people are smarter

duh.

Asians make their kids become doctors. It's not about intelligence. I know some stupid Asians on their way to medical school.

BruinEd03

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: TC2181
cause foreign people are smarter

duh.

Asians make their kids become doctors. It's not about intelligence. I know some stupid Asians on their way to medical school.

I know stupid people on their way to medical school...not just Asians.

-Ed

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Riprorin
My dad is in the hospital and all of the doctors appear to be foreign born.

Just because they look like they have a foreign background doesn't mean they're not native born.

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
Are you talking about Attendings [full fledged docs] or Residents [the slaves who do all the work in hospitals]?

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Not many Americans become anything anymore. It is interesting that a large part of the high paying jobs are more and more becoming populated by foreigners. It is pretty scary actually.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
One time, when I was 5, I was in the hospital for... uh, somthing. And there was this doctor, who I *SWEAR* looked and talked exactly like Apu of Quick-e-mart fame.

isuckatdeals

Jan 14, 2002
It really depends on the hospitals. The reason there are such a large number of foreign residents is b/c they are able to get a degree outside of the U.S. and come into the U.S. to participate in residency programs. There are plenty of native-born residents and those that immigrated here early on.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: dafatha00
Originally posted by: Riprorin
My dad is in the hospital and all of the doctors appear to be foreign born.

Just because they look like they have a foreign background doesn't mean they're not native born.

They speak with a heavy accent. That suggests to me that they are foreign born.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Staples
Not many Americans become anything anymore. It is interesting that a large part of the high paying jobs are more and more becoming populated by foreigners. It is pretty scary actually.

Link to statistics?

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
One time, when I was 5, I was in the hospital for... uh, somthing. And there was this doctor, who I *SWEAR* looked and talked exactly like Apu of Quick-e-mart fame.

Well since you're alive and posting, are you giving credit to an "Indian Dr.?" EyeMWing? :confused:

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
rolleye.gif

many of my asian friends were BORN in the US and have gone to medical school. does that answer your question??

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
rolleye.gif

many of my asian friends were BORN in the US and have gone to medical school. does that answer your question??

It was obviously a rhetorical question.:disgust:

It's not superior racial breeding or superior foreign schooling. It's in the almighty dollar. Insurance companies and malpractice law suits have made working in the health industry more hassle than it's worth anymore