Do I need a new drivers licence when I move to VA?

Aug 16, 2001
Live in AZ now and there is a huge chance that I have to move to VA next year?
Do I have to take a new test and do all the crap all ower again?

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Haha, we're still here, I think you just have to get the Va. license and turn in your Az. license, shouldnt have to do a driving test though, maybe a written test but I dont think so, it should be just like a renewal.

What part of Va. would you be moving to?

Aug 16, 2001
Charlottesville.
I don't look forward to it because I am forced to move. No move = No job

People tell me "Ohh it's so beautiful there..." bla bla blah. Sure it is. But summers are muggy and winters are cold.

:(

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: psydancerqt
shouldn't you try to make the best of it anyways?

Yeah, I should and I will. I am just pissed because I have really no choice.

<---- Staying in this beautiful country on a Visa. No job = leave within 2 weeks.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I may have passed through there but dont remember anything about Charlottesville, it looks like a nice location though, very close to Skyline Drive which is the route through the Shenendoah mountains, also looks like an easy trip to Va. beach, and a day trip to D.C.

Summer is muggy but that period is relatively short, spring and fall are beautiful, september through the end of december is the best time of year as far as weather goes, it can get chilly but there are usually a few 70+ degree days in december, january and february are the coldest winter months, march starts to warm up and once in a while there may be a little snow in march, april showers, then may and june are great, july and august get hot and humid but thats what A.C. is for :D

You didnt fall asleep in a meeting and say "YES" when you woke up only to find out you agreed to head the Charlottesville office did you? (Friends/Chandler joke)

Aug 16, 2001
You didnt fall asleep in a meeting and say "YES" when you woke up only to find out you agreed to head the Charlottesville office did you? (Friends/Chandler joke)

LOL! No.
Problem is: If I say no I have no job by the end of July next year and I have to leave the country.
That is life without a green card.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
If you are in Virginia for more than 30 consecutive days, for any reason, the law says you need to get a license. Even if you're visiting here from another country. Don't worry about it, though. I've been here for a year and still have my Pennsylvania license and tags. No one's going to be coming after you.

Aug 16, 2001
I was asking because I will move there permanently. If it's only a matter of swapping AZ to VA then it's cool.
I still need to change the registration papers for the car I guess.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser

People tell me "Ohh it's so beautiful there..." bla bla blah. Sure it is. But summers are muggy and winters are cold.
:(

I hear Chicago is nice.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Chicago is nice.

I'm in Columbus, OH, not too terribly far from VA. I could make a day trip of it if I wanted.

I love the weather here... fall is my favorite season, very closely folowed by winter. I love the cool climate in the fall/winter/spring. I personally hate the summer, but oh well. Air conditioning is your friend.

NeoSolo

Feb 20, 2000
I just moved from Raleigh, NC to Richmond, VA about a month ago. I had to replace licence plate and get a new driver's license. I didn't have to take any tests except eye test. (you can hardly call it a test because i only read 4 letters and the reviewer said OK.)

You dont have to take any written test or road test as long as you have a valid license from the other state you are coming from.