Do conservatives not realize they look absolutely ridiculous with their conspiracy theories?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Obviously the newest 'hot' rightwing conspiracy theory is that the high school students in the FL school shooting aren't actually students at that school, but 'crisis actors' who work for the government to fake these tragedies. That, and the "Pizzagate" conspiracy, the Newtown shooting was faked by the gov't conspiracy, the DNC murdered seth rich. You guys call everything 'fake news', and you want to actually promote this garbage as being 'real'?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I was also skeptical at first but then it turned out that Jerry Fletcher was right all along.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Obviously the newest 'hot' rightwing conspiracy theory is that the high school students in the FL school shooting aren't actually students at that school, but 'crisis actors' who work for the government to fake these tragedies. That, and the "Pizzagate" conspiracy, the Newtown shooting was faked by the gov't conspiracy, the DNC murdered seth rich. You guys call everything 'fake news', and you want to actually promote this garbage as being 'real'?
You know it’s bad if even Fox had to say it was fake news,

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
The GOP game plan:

464895967c1001b75c87808ba48355d6.png

Jan 25, 2011
Ask Hannity or Breitbart, Info Wars etc.
They’re the only ones telling the truth. I know they are because I already feel what they say is true before they even tell me. Plus they make sure I know how to react to any event so it fits my beliefs.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Ask Hannity or Breitbart, Info Wars etc.

OMG Hannity is the best entertainment I make sure to watch the first couple minutes when I can. Just unbelievable what comes out of his mouth I really don't know how FOX puts up with it, it's the same par as Info world.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
OMG Hannity is the best entertainment I make sure to watch the first couple minutes when I can. Just unbelievable what comes out of his mouth I really don't know how FOX puts up with it, it's the same par as Info world.
Hannity, the smugness of Bill O with the crazy of Glen Beck( in his chalkboard years)...what’s not to love

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Of course! It's all an illuminutty, derp state repsillyan plot!!!

Oh, God! Not the Repsillyans! They were part of the Benghazi conspiracy & totally behind Jade Helm! They hate Trump because he nearly exposed them over the birth certificate!

Mar 11, 2004
You want to know the most ridiculous aspect? Without Russians propping up their nonsense, it really is just a relative few nutjobs and liars (as in they know its bullshit, they're just doing it to stir people up to sell them other bullshit) that are pushing this garbage.

Some of these nitwits really believe that they are a majority in America, because they're having Russian bots echo shit back to them on social media, making them think they're really getting people hooked (and playing up their persecution complexes). To be fair, the Russian propaganda machine has been helping the nutjobs and shit-shovelers get their message out to the general populace, and a swath of America was uncertain enough to actually believe it for a while. There is going to be a breaking point though. Sadly its probably going to take a catastrophe (like another Oklahoma City bombing, it'll have to be big, and it can't be just guns because we know Americans aren't willing to do jack shit about that no matter how terrible it gets) for that to occur.

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
When you can't win on issues based on substance and decent policy, you're forced to gaslight/distract with a dog and pony show.

Reactions: greatnoob
Nov 8, 2012
Why are you trying to articulate that this is somehow a partisan issue?

Flat earthers and 9/11 conspiracy theorists don't discriminate last I checked. And if you want to get partisan, perfect example for moronic liberals would be vaccines... And that takes it to a whole new level of stupid - but at least theirs ends with death so that thoughts that stupid don't get passed on.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Flat earthers and 9/11 conspiracy theorists don't discriminate last I checked. And if you want to get partisan, perfect example for moronic liberals would be vaccines... And that takes it to a whole new level of stupid - but at least theirs ends with death so that thoughts that stupid don't get passed on.

Derp factor: 10

TrumpVaccines.png

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015

Name me the Liberal equivalent of Alex Jones.

Reactions: Thebobo

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

You are wasting your time. Facts don’t fit the narrative.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Um...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-is-turning-republicans-into-anti-vaxxers

SUNY-Albany marketing professor Ioannis Kareklas and Washington State University Ph.D. candidate T.J. Weber analyzed the data. They found that 25 percent of respondents affiliated with the Republican Party said it was more likely they would not vaccinate themselves and their families than that they would. Meanwhile, 15 percent of respondents who identified with the Democratic Party gave the same answer.

And Trump’s supporters were substantially more likely to have a negative view of vaccines than Hillary Clinton’s. Of the respondents who said they would vote Trump, 23 percent said they were unlikely to get vaccinated. Of the pro-Clinton respondents, 13.5 percent felt the same way.

Overall, researchers found that having a low intention to vaccinate correlated most strongly with affiliation with the GOP.

Reactions: Victorian Gray