Question Do any x570 motherboards support fan headers that are controlled by PCIe x16 slot device temperatures?

Bavor

Nov 11, 2001
My old Asus Z170 chipset motherboard had the USEF/BIOS option to control fan headers based on CPU temperature or several other device temperatures. One of them was the temperature of the device in the PCIE x16 #1 or PCIE x16 #2 slot.

This was useful to me in my old Z170 6700K system because I have an EVGA GTX 1080 ti FTW3 Hybrid graphics card and I could run a pair of fans in push pull configuration on the radiator with fan speed controlled by GPU temperature. The stock cooling setup is a 3 pin fan header from the GPU running one fan.

I currently have an Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) motherboard and it does not have that option. I built a few other x570 systems for other people in the past 6 months and I didn't see that option in the UEFI/BIOS on other brands of motherboards. Is this a limitation of the the x570 chipset or is it just something that is not included in the UEFI/BIOS of motherboards now?

Before buying two 120mm 3 pin fans and a 3 pin fan connector splitter to try to use two fans off the graphics card fan controller, are there any x570 chipset motherboards that support fan headers that are controlled by PCIe x16 slot device temperatures? If there are x570 chipset boards that support fan headers that are controlled by PCIe x16 slot device temperatures what brands and models are they?

Bavor

Nov 11, 2001
I've been told that there are a few Gigabyte motherboards that have this feature. However with my past experiences with their warranty/RMA service I stopped buying their products. What good is a product if the warranty is 100% completely useless?

Bavor

Nov 11, 2001
I found that the MSI MEG Ace has this feature. It looks like Asus left it out on their less expensive ($200 and below) x570 boards.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
My old Asus Z170 chipset motherboard had the USEF/BIOS option to control fan headers based on CPU temperature or several other device temperatures. One of them was the temperature of the device in the PCIE x16 #1 or PCIE x16 #2 slot.

This was useful to me in my old Z170 6700K system because I have an EVGA GTX 1080 ti FTW3 Hybrid graphics card and I could run a pair of fans in push pull configuration on the radiator with fan speed controlled by GPU temperature. The stock cooling setup is a 3 pin fan header from the GPU running one fan.

I currently have an Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) motherboard and it does not have that option. I built a few other x570 systems for other people in the past 6 months and I didn't see that option in the UEFI/BIOS on other brands of motherboards. Is this a limitation of the the x570 chipset or is it just something that is not included in the UEFI/BIOS of motherboards now?

Before buying two 120mm 3 pin fans and a 3 pin fan connector splitter to try to use two fans off the graphics card fan controller, are there any x570 chipset motherboards that support fan headers that are controlled by PCIe x16 slot device temperatures? If there are x570 chipset boards that support fan headers that are controlled by PCIe x16 slot device temperatures what brands and models are they?

Can confirm that the Auros elite x570 has the option to tie specific fan headers to PCIE16 .
Options are System 1, System 2, PCIE16, VRM MOS or CPU .
You can create custom fan curves, define intervals etc etc etc