Do any of you care about the World Series?

tim0thy

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
For me, I can't believe I actually go to see the Yankees and Mets in the World Series in my lifetime. Now Yanks fans (like myself) can go bashing Mets fans after we kick their butt. :)

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
I do care but can't watch because it's on @ 2 AM live and they rerun it @ 3 PM, no way Jose, on a weekday. :( I hope it will last till the weekend.

tim0thy

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
There's always VHS. :) Lucky for me, I work during those hours and have my little TV there to watch (cable too!) weee.

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
Woa, you're allowed to watch TV @ work ? :eek: VHS is no option..... ahem 3 kids, wife ....you get the idea. ;)

tim0thy

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
Yikes! Three Kids and a Wife. Sounds difficult!

The TV isn't for me actually. It's for the Television department, but it just happens to be right next to my desk at work. :)

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
You're doing the testing for them, right ? ;) It's not that difficult with two TV sets, but imagine me coming home @ 6 PM doing 2 hours of Heavy Metal F.A.K.K 2 or Q3A after that watch Baseball and off to bed.....
I guess I wouldn't live long enough to see the end of the subway series.

tim0thy

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
That's true. The games usually don't end till about 12:00EST and depending on where you live, that could be late. Yup, I'm testing the TV, VCR, and the cable box whenever there is a sporting even on or Dark Angel (jessica alba :))

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
That's exactly what the manufacturers use to stress-test their equipment. I can see you know what you're doing. ;) It's like RC5 for CPU's, if it's stable @ sports and Dark Angel it's always stable. :D

tim0thy

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
It's been providing a year of good service and counting for me and the television crew that occasionally uses it. :) Damn, are we the only two people up at this hour?! heh

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
Obviously not. ;) What do you mean, at this hour ? It's 12:54 PM(where I live), aren't you supposed to be awake @ that time of a weekday ?
edit: see sig

Lalakai

Golden Member
Nov 30, 1999
sorry, but ever since the players' strike I've pretty much lost all interest in major league baseball. Still very much enjoy going to the city games and seeing people play ball because they love the sport rather then getting X million dollars.

................so who's in the series this year???? :p

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
As a Braves Fan It's hard to care. I think it's good for baseball so I kinda make myself care. I have alot of respect for the Yankee's tradition but their behavior this year is getting on my nerves a bit. I never thought I would pull for the Mets in this series but I am.

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
If I was a NY fan than it would be awesome. The energy in the city has to be huge. But I am not a NY fan so I couldn't give a rat's ass.

BigKev

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2000
Not really ... I stopped watching after the first game...I just check back here and on the web for updates now and then. ;)

tim0thy

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
i'm in NY, so that's the reason why i'm asking... just wanted to get a feel if anybody else outside of the city really cared. heh. i do wonder about clemens and piazza though... seems like there is some bad blood.