DNF does NOT suck that bad...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
So there is not even ONE game that has come out, say in the last 12 months, that you have enjoyed?

Great:

Witcher 2
Portal 2
Shogun 2
Amnesia

Good:

SC2
Evochron

These are just some I thought of, but I am sure there are more.

Just because somebody doesn't like a game you do doesn't mean they don't games at all. There is plenty of praise on these forums for good games. DNF just doesn't fit the bill ;)

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
There's a difference between it being a bad game and it being a game you don't like, people. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a bad game and that's the diff in all this. Say you don't like it, fine, but anyone who calls it a bad game has some sort of agenda to push.

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
Say you don't like it, fine, but anyone who calls it a bad game has some sort of agenda to push.

Like making sure that Valve doesn't pull this same sort of crap with Episode 3? D:

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
Talk about FANBOYS...

The only thing Valve has going for it is STEAM, how long ago was HL2???

Jesus Christ, who peed in your Cheerios this morning? I was actually agreeing with you.

I was only attempting to suggest that I'd hate to see the HL franchise suffer the same anticlimactic fate -- Valve waiting so long to follow up and finish the story that people either end up becoming impossible to please, or they just stop caring altogether.

Had the release in question here came out when it should have, it more than likely would have gotten the reception it probably really deserved -- you know, okay, not stellar, but decent.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
honestly, i thought the original Nuke3d kinda sucked back then. i think i had more fun playing Starfox or mario on my snes. Most computer games i was into back then were mostly adventures, the fps had its initial cool aspect with me shortlived as the gameplay just flat out sucked. As they got more advanced though i now prefer them.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Jesus Christ, who peed in your Cheerios this morning? I was actually agreeing with you.

I was only attempting to suggest that I'd hate to see the HL franchise suffer the same anticlimactic fate -- Valve waiting so long to follow up and finish the story that people either end up becoming impossible to please, or they just stop caring altogether.

Had the release in question here came out when it should have, it more than likely would have gotten the reception it probably really deserved -- you know, okay, not stellar, but decent.

I wasn't talking about you...

I too was agreeing with you, VALVE fanboys are so forgiving of the company...

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
You are so incredibly ignorant to be flinging the fanboy title around at others. Not even close. :rolleyes:

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
There's a difference between it being a bad game and it being a game you don't like, people. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a bad game and that's the diff in all this. Say you don't like it, fine, but anyone who calls it a bad game has some sort of agenda to push.

No.

I don't like DNF because it is a bad game.

I don't like the Civilization series (yeah, I know, kill me now), but I still think it is a good series. It just doesn't match my taste.

There is a difference here.

Also, agenda? What the heck are you talking about? You are starting to sound crazier and crazier :p

Bonesdad

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2002

You could make the same claim about someone who says it's a good game, no?

-Slacker-

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2010
I don't get it, why would I not like something if I didn't also think it was bad?

WHO'S FUCKING WITH MY MEDICINE???

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011

Uh-oh, Nik doesn't like that people are calliing a game he liked a bad game. Someone call the WAAAAAAAHHHHHmbulance!

Loop2kil

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2004
I just have FUN with gaming guys...

Some of you act like the very balance of LIFE hangs in these games...

I THOUGHT I was jaded before reading the PC GAMING threads...

I'm rather optimistic compared to most...

They are games...

And who gives a &^% if I start a thread on DNF, do threads cost any money? Do you pay a nickel every time you read one? Are you incapable of not participating in the thread if you don't like the title?

'Like'

Mike Gayner

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2007

DNF is actually a terrible game. You just cant see it because you're an incorrigible fanboi.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
I just have FUN with gaming guys...

Some of you act like the very balance of LIFE hangs in these games...

I THOUGHT I was jaded before reading the PC GAMING threads...

No, it's just that we apparently are not as easily impressed as you.

Also, stop with the "It's just a game! It doesn't matter" imbecility. The problem with that arguement is games cost money. Therefore, they deserve to be critiqued and criticized, just like every consumer product. You want to buy my games for me? I'll kick back and give them all good scores. Until then, it's my money being spent, I want to hear what the game is really like, and what's wrong with it.
DNF is a $50-$60 game (MSRP, new). It deserves, then, to be compared to other games in that price range. And, fairly, other games in the genre in the past. If I'm dropping $50-$60 on DNF, I damn well expect/hope for more than "Oh, this would have been pretty good 10 years ago". Is this not obvious?

This is true of anything. It's called value. What are you getting for your money?

When DNF drops down to $10-$20 new, your argument might make some sense. Until then, no go.

Last edited:

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Ha! So much hate... Didn't play the demo, but to me it looks like this would be a nice no frills shooter. I'll pick it up once it hits bargain bin by the winter time when I'll have less stuff to do outside.

Keeper

Mar 9, 2005
:D

People who complain about new threads should be given the title of "whining bitch" for 1 month :thumbsup:

Agree. So many here are CRAZY uptight over this "OMG, another thread" sheet... Really, how BAD is your life becuase another thread was started. Here is a NOVEL idea............. DONT READ IT.