DNF does NOT suck that bad...

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
If you just have fun with it, it's quite entertaining, just imagine you were playing 10 yrs ago...

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
The nostalgia factor is strong with you, judge the game on it's merits, it's turrible, just turrible.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
If all you need to consider a game good is Duke Nukem in it than yea it's pretty good. Otherwise, it's a shitty bordering on mediocre game.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I'm enjoying it and not upset at all I bought it. I would go one step further than OP and say it's a pretty decent game. Which is praise from me because I don't remember the last game I even liked.

Mike Gayner

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2007
We don't need a new thread for your opinion OP. Also, your opinion is wrong. It's an appallingly shitty game.

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
I'm enjoying it and not upset at all I bought it. I would go one step further than OP and say it's a pretty decent game. Which is praise from me because I don't remember the last game I even liked.

Then again, you are quebert...

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004

You can't remember a game you liked? If I had that negative of a view on modern gaming I'd probably just stop gaming. Seems like a waste of time and money if you're struggling so much to have fun, isn't it? The only game I can remember NOT liking in recent memory was LA Noire. Everything else has been at least worth my time, of not totally worth the money. Infamous 2, Portal 2, and Crysis 2 were all good to different degrees. I've felt it's been a pretty solid year for games thus far and there's still good stuff on the horizon.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Hello, unrealistic and irrational and unreasonable reviewer.

No, his opinion is the common and sensible one.

The opinion that DNF is in any way good is the unrealistic, irrational, and unreasonable view ;)

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
If you just have fun with it, it's quite entertaining, just imagine you were playing 10 yrs ago...

Dude, seriously? You post some awfully ridiculous crap sometimes, but this just takes the cake.

Do you have any idea how retarded that sounds? Imagine you were playing it 10 years ago?? Really? By that logic, every bad-to-mediocre game ever released should never be criticized because we can pretend we're in 2001 or 1992 or 1972 and all we have is Pong.

Give me a break.

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
By that logic, every bad-to-mediocre game ever released should never be criticized because we can pretend we're in 2001 or 1992 or 1972 and all we have is Pong.
If I was pretending it was 2001 I'd have to raise my standards even higher than they already are, so I see the OP's point as being counter productive.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
You can't remember a game you liked? If I had that negative of a view on modern gaming I'd probably just stop gaming. Seems like a waste of time and money if you're struggling so much to have fun, isn't it? The only game I can remember NOT liking in recent memory was LA Noire. Everything else has been at least worth my time, of not totally worth the money. Infamous 2, Portal 2, and Crysis 2 were all good to different degrees. I've felt it's been a pretty solid year for games thus far and there's still good stuff on the horizon.

I didn't like Crysis 2, haven't played Portal 2 yet. Last game I enjoyed outside of DNF was RE:5 or maybe Braid. I don't game much as PC gaming has went down the crapper over the past 5 years IMHO. I bought DNF because DN 3D was a game I played the hell out of. I enjoyed the new one much more than I did Crysis 2. DNF has personality where a Crysis 2 type game tries to make it just off graphics.

I take back not liking games, I looooved SF:IV and will be ordering the AE that's due out in a month or something.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Cool story bro

I just fired up Big Rigs. Pretty decent game if compared to 1980.

Oh wait...no. Pong is still better.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I didn't like Crysis 2, haven't played Portal 2 yet. Last game I enjoyed outside of DNF was RE:5 or maybe Braid. I don't game much as PC gaming has went down the crapper over the past 5 years IMHO. I bought DNF because DN 3D was a game I played the hell out of. I enjoyed the new one much more than I did Crysis 2. DNF has personality where a Crysis 2 type game tries to make it just off graphics.

I take back not liking games, I looooved SF:IV and will be ordering the AE that's due out in a month or something.

Fair enough. I never played DN 3D as much as a lot of folks, but the whole 2 weapon limit really puts me off. There's just no ridiculous shooters anymore, and I was hoping DNF wouldn't bend over and take so many modern "realistic shooter" mechanics as it did. Might be worth it for me down the road during a sale though.

Mike Gayner

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2007
gorcorps have you played Bulletstorm yet? That's a ridiculous shooter that doesnt rely on the same cliches and devices as modern realistic shooters.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Dude, seriously? You post some awfully ridiculous crap sometimes, but this just takes the cake.

Do you have any idea how retarded that sounds? Imagine you were playing it 10 years ago?? Really? By that logic, every bad-to-mediocre game ever released should never be criticized because we can pretend we're in 2001 or 1992 or 1972 and all we have is Pong.

Give me a break.

I just have FUN with gaming guys...

Some of you act like the very balance of LIFE hangs in these games...

I THOUGHT I was jaded before reading the PC GAMING threads...

I'm rather optimistic compared to most...

They are games...

And who gives a &^% if I start a thread on DNF, do threads cost any money? Do you pay a nickel every time you read one? Are you incapable of not participating in the thread if you don't like the title?

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
"does not suck that bad..." High praise indeed...

:D

And who gives a &^% if I start a thread on DNF, do threads cost any money? Do you pay a nickel every time you read one? Are you incapable of not participating in the thread if you don't like the title?

People who complain about new threads should be given the title of "whining bitch" for 1 month :thumbsup:

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
People who complain about new threads should be given the title of "whining bitch" for 1 month :thumbsup:
Why? Discussing the same topic in one thread guarantees all the information about said topic will be in a single place for the readers to digest. It's a simple case of organization.