Dnet going commercial? Read this.

Kwatt

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2000
It is an interesting read and I like the idea of it. Especialy from Dnet they have made a simple to use and a stable client.

One thought though, I'm spending myself into the gound doing it for free. I'm not sure if I can afford to get paid for it:D

JonB

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
www.granburychristmaslights.com
Kwatt, are you trying to say that at the rate you're making money now, you'll be broke soon?

If DNet does start paying for computer use, they will lose thousands of computers from their network. My company specifically forbids the use of their computers to make money on anything other than their business. Colleges and schools are even worse. They will always need to have a "free" contest or two going, or it will go downhill. I could get fired for running Process Tree; the same would be true for DNet.

Danger, Will Robinson.

Viztech

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
On the other hand JonB, I could use the shelter and school networks to make money for them.
You are correct, there needs to be both, but the profit motive is undeniable for the sponsors. Up until now, it has all been practice.

viz

vss1980

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2000
There may be other reasons why D.net would give out some money. They are officially classified as a non-profit organisation and may have decided that this would suite their position better than a change in sponsorship deals.

Kwatt

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2000
JonB

Kwatt, are you trying to say that at the rate you're making money now, you'll be broke soon?

exactly:)

What if the payments were made into an account setup by your company then given to a non-profit group and your company could get a tax deduction?

edit:spelling:eek:

Bartman

Oct 9, 1999
I'm sure that if you donated the money to the collages or boosters they would have no problem with that! I can't think of a booster that would pass up free cash.*G*

Bart