DNC (Democratic National Convention) Thread

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waterjug

Jan 21, 2012
Thanks to the food stamp president it no longer is appealing to work. It's a fact that companies are having a hard time filling jobs, especially skilled trades, because it makes more sense for folks to take the hand outs rather than work.

This is obama's policies in action. A lot of my customers are in manufacturing, they all say the same thing - "I can't get good people who want to work, I can't compete with the 25 dollar an hour job they're getting from government for not working"

I've contemplated giving up my high paying network & security architect job to be a plumber, electrician or HVAC guy. That place is a freaking gold mine.

I'm a manager in charge of hiring for several skilled programs in the northeast United States. I cannot tell you how hard it is to fill jobs now as opposed to a few years ago, which is amazing because unemployment hasn't fallen that much. Our company pays above industry average by about 6%, has a good benefits package, and ample time off. Some of our programs are at 70% staffing because ads are just sitting there unanswered. The applicants we do get almost to a person have VERY shady disability histories, and are getting gov't aid and seemed concerned about stringing that out. A few we have had to hire out of desperation have tried ploys to get let go. Nice try. We do challenge unemployment claims.

Welcome to the new America normal, if we re-elect this POS

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Jennifer Granholm melting down at the DNC

What the hell did I just watch? My favorite part is when she said that the private sector didn't come to the aid of the auto industry, and that Obama was the one that saved the American auto industry. Because the two decades of the private sector propping them up don't count, right? Or jabbing Romney for saying that poorly run companies should go bankrupt...you know...which is the point of capitalism. Second favorite part: Not mentioning Ford doing fine on their own. But hey, gotta save your union cronies, right B. Hussein? The same unions that drove the industry into the shitter in the first place..

I can always tell when people rip Drudge off - a meltdown? I though it was magnificent.

That said - Ford was never fine on their own. Do you forget that Allan Mulaly (Fords CEO) sat right next to the CEOs from GM and Chrysler when they asked for a bailout, supporting the bailout of the two companies 100%? Ford knew that bankruptcy for both of them would spell real trouble for Ford, because their shared suppliers would have also gone out of business.

Nov 3, 2004
Balls to get it done....after delaying the decision multiple times. Petraeus(sp) was actually mulling over doing it without authorization if BO had delayed again.

But give Obama credit for having SOME balls, I mean he's taking credit for something the armed forces did. The same armed forces he was threatening to withhold the pay of if the legislature didn't pass his shit budget.

I think that's utter bullshit that a general would unilaterally take action against a high profile target like bin Laden. Unless your source is Miniter who seems to have an agenda against Obama. Paula Broadwell, Petraeus' biographer, refutes that fact.

waterjug

Jan 21, 2012
I can always tell when people rip Drudge off - a meltdown? I though it was magnificent.

That said - Ford was never fine on their own. Do you forget that Allan Mulaly (Fords CEO) sat right next to the CEOs from GM and Chrysler when they asked for a bailout, supporting the bailout of the two companies 100%? Ford knew that bankruptcy for both of them would spell real trouble for Ford, because their shared suppliers would have also gone out of business.

If it had been a Republican the media and you would be talking about the incomprehensible ramblings. Fact checkers would be jumping all over it. People would call it rambling.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
the DNC message of failure is finally over.

Shit and run troll post of the week located and flung back. The GOP obstructionists and their America hating fanbois will have another 4 years to eat fuck. Enjoy your bliss.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Meltdown would not be how I'd describe her performance. More like a couple quick shots and a maybe a line or 2 before hitting the podium. Wow, she was on fire but definitely not melting down. She was like a different person from what I've seen of her show on Current.
Plus, I have to give the obligatory, I'd hit it.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Magnificently scary. She had the crowd like the pied piper. How can be people support a guy with such zealotry unless he's promised them eternal life? It's frankly scary how riled up some of those people got. Changing their mind through repetition of a theme. Simple psychology changing their hearts and minds, a crowd of sheep.