DNC (Democratic National Convention) Thread

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Abraxas

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2004
Biden was good; he was passionate even when he wasn't eloquent which sometimes is a bonus. If makes it feel more heartfelt if you trip over your words a couple times, get a little bit choked up.

There were a couple of odd moments though, towards the end it started to sound like he was going to drop off the ticket which I don't think is where he was trying to inflect, but over all a very solid speech.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
Oops, Ron Insana (he used to host CNBC's Street Signs at 2 PM weekdays) forgot he was on the Larry Kudlow propaganda hour and actually told the truth:

3.5 million high quality manufacturing job openings now (Bill Clinton said there were currently 3 million job openings now)

Brandeis economist said as many jobs have been lost to robotics (think Amazon warehouses e. g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UxZDJ1HiPE as have been sent to China and skills mismatch between job openings and possible lack of computer skills of some of the unemployed (my add: main exports to Europe are 1) Boeing aircraft (long-term contract with something like 9 year backlog, even if there are some cancellations, and 2) agricultural products)

Insana said economy is bifurcated, better than seems for many (busy restaurants, etc), many cities look in recovery...

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000114304&play=1

:oops:

Last edited:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Fuck Obama. Anything to distract from his disaster of a presidency and the utter misery of our nation and it's economy. May great fuck be upon him.

Ask Americans if they are better off. They are suffering untold misery because of this president.

You should see someone about your anger.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
"If you can't afford to start a business or go to college, take my opponent's advice and borrow money from your parents."

\but... they built that!?!

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
was there anything new in tonight's speech, or just the usual political pandering stuff?

You would have found out if you watched it. Seems like you didnt, so now you have to deal with other people's opinions on what was said.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
You would have found out if you watched it. Seems like you didnt, so now you have to deal with other people's opinions on what was said.

right... that's why I asked the question?

I'm stuck in my home office and don't have a tv in here.

xaeniac

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2005
If you believe that "Everybody will play by the same rules", Vote for Barack Obama. And did he say China was one of our #1 allies? I had to chuckle at these lines.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Barry started out slow, but he rose to the occasion, and in the end, delivered a stem winder that challenged Americans to remember we are all in this together.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
ok very good speech from obama... but biden was better :D
I thought both were a bit meh. I guess Clinton spoiled it for me. It will be interesting to see what the pundits say -- and what the polls say. Stronger than Romney to be sure, but the Dems could have really used another Clinton-caliber speech.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
If you believe that "Everybody will play by the same rules", Vote for Barack Obama. And did he say China was one of our #1 allies? I had to chuckle at these lines.

the china line did make me giggle too.

but obama is for regulation ... he does want everyone to have the same rules

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012

No, he meant Europe. Duh.

Romney went to the UK and insulted them over some BS about terrorists blowing up the Olympics. Romney also said Russia was our #1 enemy.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Barry started out slow, but he rose to the occasion, and in the end, delivered a stem winder that challenged Americans to remember we are all in this together.

No. We are not. Just because bullets aren't flying does mean we aren't in the middle of a cival war.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Did that Southern dude say "This is not a mommy country, this is a daddy country"?

hehehe

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
[ ... ] And did he say China was one of our #1 allies? I had to chuckle at these lines.
No, he was talking about Great Britain. His point was how can Romney successfully deal with the Chinese government when he can't even interact with our #1 ally (Great Britain) without offending them (referring to Romney's gaffe when he was visiting during the Olympics).

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
No. We are not. Just because bullets aren't flying does mean we aren't in the middle of a cival war.
No, YOU are not. You hate America and the vast majority of Americans who think hate-filled extremists like you are lunatics.