DNC (Democratic National Convention) Thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
It is more important to protect the integrity of the DNC convention than to protect the integrity of the General Election...

Nov 30, 2006
That was taking in account the emergency spending. The deficit was only $400 Billion the year before and $170 Billion the year before that.
Dems love to take that "one time" emergency spending under Bush's last year and use it as the baseline to compare future spending to so they don't look so bad. Totally misleading and dishonest.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
It's unfortunate that it's not possible to have a sensible thread about the actual convention without it so quickly devolving into .. the usual.

Figuring it was mostly rational techies, I really had high hopes for AT as a place to discuss politics. It seems to really be going downhill fast.

Nov 30, 2006
I hear the media won't be referring to the stadium as the Bank of America Stadium (its actual name)...instead they'll be calling it the Panther Stadium. Dems apparently don't like the connotations associated with using the real name...evidently the media agrees. Go figure.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I hear the media won't be referring to the stadium as the Bank of America Stadium (its actual name)...instead they'll be calling it the Panther Stadium. Dems apparently don't like the connotations associated with using the real name...evidently the media agrees. Go figure.

LOL.

Nov 30, 2006
It's unfortunate that it's not possible to have a sensible thread about the actual convention without it so quickly devolving into .. the usual.

Figuring it was mostly rational techies, I really had high hopes for AT as a place to discuss politics. It seems to really be going downhill fast.
Did you read all "the usual" RNC convention threads? Perhaps I missed it...but I didn't see you complaining then.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Did you read all "the usual" RNC convention threads? Perhaps I missed it...but I didn't see you complaining then.

I was out of town last week and pretty much didn't post. If the same thing happened there, then the same comments apply.

This whole forum has become little more than mindless partisan bickering, which is unfortunate.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Over 50 threads about the RNC and/or slamming the RNC and republicans in the past 2 weeks.

I am sure that the totals for the DNC will be a lot less.

Republicans may be a lot less paranoid than the Democrats and do not need to whip the masses into a feeding frenzy

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
I'm implying they both do it so why point out it's a Democrat issue? He hates Democrats so let's just throw some dumbass comment out there to make him feel better about his party being the same damn thing.

And dems on here hate reps and get whiny when reps call them on stuff like this.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Have any of the dems called non-dems racists yet? If not, expect it soon enough.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
if you don't have a photo ID you don't get in the door.

What???!!!???? But, but, but, but... teh pooorzzz! Disenfranchisement!! How could the party of inclusion do this??

Yes, rather sarcastically spoken, but to all the whiners on here that get their panties in a knot about demanding ID to vote, it's a valid sarcasm. Though I doubt the usual suspects will rationalize it away.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Over 50 threads about the RNC and/or slamming the RNC and republicans in the past 2 weeks.

I am sure that the totals for the DNC will be a lot less.

Republicans may be a lot less paranoid than the Democrats and do not need to whip the masses into a feeding frenzy

Yup, the usual altered reality anti fact point of view when the science shows that the paranoia part of the conservative brain is bigger than in liberals, and the part that keeps emotion out of reasoning is smaller. I guess we just have to accept the fact that the most paranoid are going to project their fears onto others and blame them as the source of all their fear.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Well, there is the "if you do not think as I do, you are ruled by emotion and cannot use reason" idiocy. One down, now all we need are the "you are a racist if you do not support the DNC" people to show up to make the thread complete. :)

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Is this going to be the Democrat convention or the Obama convention?

Democrat Party symbols not found. D:

Obama-DNC.jpg

ALL O'S, NO ASSES: OBAMA CULT OF PERSONALITY DOMINATES DNC

The Obama cult of personality dominates the Democratic National Convention to such a large extent that it has replaced the donkey, the traditional symbol of the Democratic Party--which is nowhere to be seen in Charlotte.

It is normal for presidential campaigns to feature boldly in party posters and propaganda, on both sides, but it is unprecedented for a candidate&#8217;s own persona to dominate and exclude the symbols of the party itself.

The ubiquitous &#8220;O&#8221; appears everywhere--on signs, placards, and press credentials.

The omnipresence of the leader&#8217;s mark underlines the degree to which Obama for America controls every aspect of the convention--from the platform, to the agenda, to the access of media to politicians and delegates inside the Time Warner Cable Arena.

Obama has supplanted the Democratic Party, which is now very much a top-down, one-man show.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
LOL! They were no where near filling the 74k seats at the stadium so they moved it to a 20k seat venue. Even busing people in with free shit wasn't enough to get them to put up with obama talking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tdoor-stadium-20-000-seater-indoor-arena.html

Footage of rows of empty seats at the stadium, home of the Carolina Panthers, as Obama speaks on Thursday night would be politically disastrous &#8211; an enduring image of the contrast between his campaign of &#8216;hope&#8217; and &#8216;change&#8217; in 2008 and his dour, negative struggle for re-election in 2012

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...20-000-seater-indoor-arena.html#ixzz25XCHzavR

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Is this going to be the Democrat convention or the Obama convention?

Democrat Party symbols not found. D:

More Pgarbageman delivering Breitbart's trash every day. Does Breitbart pay you to spread their crap? Get an honest job.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
You know what, I left out a qualifier. It's the private sector of the economy has added jobs for 30 months. We have actually lost public sector jobs which for a couple of months would have made jobs net lost. My mistake, I sometimes forget to qualify that. Thank you for the correction.

But that also shows another factor that unlike what some detractors say he has not increased the size of government, it has shrunk during his tenure. Though I do think we need to add more public sector jobs. An ever increasing population needs an increasing and more efficient infrastructure to support it.

Public sector isn't just federal you know... it is state and local gov't, and school districts. Also keep in mind that the size of the federal gov't isn't strictly tied to head count.