Distributed Computing Project List

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Citizen Science Grid
The Citizen Science Grid is dedicated to supporting a wide range of research and educational projects using volunteer computing and citizen science.
Jan. 2017 Working Project. CPU only. Windows, Linux, Mac and Android.
I think their Android support ended when the subset_sum project concluded. It's now Windows, Linux, and x86 Mac only.

Their Android application was last seen on a course towards the Bermuda Triangle.

Reactions: TennesseeTony

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
DENIS@home and Enigma@Home have, to all appearances, been abandoned.
Free-DC is managing them still like active projects, but Boincstats shows them as "retired".

(Oh, and SETI@home is on its way into its indefinite hiatus.)

Edit, NumberFields@home and SRBase now have AMD GPU and NVIDIA GPU applications.

Edit 2, Rosetta@home and Universe@home have Android applications.
Universe@home does not have an active AMD GPU application anymore.

Last edited:

emoga

May 13, 2018
website-header.png
Minecraft@home is a new project with a GPU app.

"Minecraft@Home studies questions related to Minecraft, such as the properties of worlds that can be generated from different random seeds."
source

"Currently, this application only supports Windows 64-bit clients with an Nvidia GPU, this will be expanded to cover the majority of other platforms soon."
source

• Haha
Reactions: TennesseeTony

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
New BOINC project: Kryptos@home
Vbox only with native app(s) planned.
Can join project via above website only.
I joined the project but cannot create a team until I have completed a task, and the project apparently doesn't have any work available (or just doesn't want to give me any) right now...

Thank you for the update. Always looking for new projects to add to the stats collection! ;)

Edit: Tasks have been received and completed, so now the team has also been created. :)

Last edited:

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
New project SciEnterprise.

Accounts must be created on the site. Not in the BOINC client.
The invitation code is: um-sjtu

The TeAm has been created.

Project description from the site: Welcome to Science@Enterprise! Nowadays, enterprises own a lot of idle computing resources in their private cloud, while research projects are restricted by limited computing power. In this project, we aim to decrease this imbalance by building CloudTides, which is an elastic platform on idle cloud resources. Enterprises can donate their idle cloud servers, and individual organizations or research groups can make use of these resources.

There are Windows, Linux, and Mac OS applications with VBox. Also several native Linux applications.
No work has been created yet, as of 1/29/2021.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
New BOINC project:
The Ramanujan Machine on BOINC

Invite code: RNM->Run

Create account on project site before attaching via BOINC Mgr. Linux only ATM
Thanks for the update. I'm always looking for more small/new projects to join!

For anyone else trying to join, it took me about a dozen attempts of only getting "The project is temporarily unavailable" trying to attach a Linux VM to the project, but it did eventually work.

Reactions: Skivelitis2

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'm not a member of TAC, but I went ahead and created a team with the standard format. If/when someone from TAC gets online, they can take ownership away from me. ;)

Reactions: biodoc

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I just noticed this and made an account, but I'm not able to select a team, and I'm not able to add the project to BOINC...

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I just noticed this and made an account, but I'm not able to select a team, and I'm not able to add the project to BOINC...
As I mentioned a few posts up, it took about a dozen attempts to get my first computer attached, but it eventually did work. I'm not sure about joining a team since it joined me automatically when I created the team..