Display/Retrace test failed?

inohome

Mar 2, 2016
Since months ago, I've been getting 1 long 8 shorts beep, which is Display/Retrace test failed about once a week.
It would happen both when turning on the PC or when auto restart happens (if the PC is on).
Sometimes before it happens (when the PC is on), graphics card kernel will fail a few times.
I have to reset the CMOS to fix this problem and sometimes it wont even fix and requires me to disconnect everything and replug them back.
I thought it was my RAM as it somehow delayed my boot time so I RMA-ed it, but after coming back with a new pair the graphic problem still persists.
Is it something about my graphics card or motherboard?
I brought it to PC stores but they had no idea as it doesn't always happen, thus the problem couldn't be found.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Since months ago, I've been getting 1 long 8 shorts beep, which is Display/Retrace test failed about once a week.
It would happen both when turning on the PC or when auto restart happens (if the PC is on).
Sometimes before it happens (when the PC is on), graphics card kernel will fail a few times.
I have to reset the CMOS to fix this problem and sometimes it wont even fix and requires me to disconnect everything and replug them back.
I thought it was my RAM as it somehow delayed my boot time so I RMA-ed it, but after coming back with a new pair the graphic problem still persists.
Is it something about my graphics card or motherboard?
I brought it to PC stores but they had no idea as it doesn't always happen, thus the problem couldn't be found.
What are your complete system specs?
What PSU?
What video card?

inohome

Mar 2, 2016
CPU: AMD FX-4100
Mobo: ASUS M5A88-V EVO
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Black 1333Mhz
GPU: ASUS GTX 550 Ti TOP
PSU: Cooler Master: Elite V2 550W