Question Display from the motherboard (NOT IGPU) is working but the display from Graphics card is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD USER

Sep 17, 2018
I have a GTX 1050Ti GPU, I am using it for over a year, Yesterday When I turned on my PC the monitor showed NO SIGNAL,
I thought the problem is in Monitor so I connected the HDMI cable coming from my Monitor to a Laptop, I got the display on the Monitor, Which Means the Monitor is fine.

Then I connected the HDMI cable coming from my Monitor to the Motherboard's HDMI port, I got the Display on my monitor the PC booted perfectly.

Again I switched off my PC, I removed the HDMI cable from the HDMI port of the Motherboard and connected it to the HDMI port of the GPU, I got the message "NO SIGNAL ", without switching off the PC, I disconnected the HDMI cable from the GPU's HDMI port and connected it back to HDMI port of the Motherboard, the monitor displayed, I found I was completely logged into Windows 10, again I disconnected from the Motherboard's Port and connected it back to GPU's ---> NO DISPLAY.

So I was quite convinced the real problem is with GPU, I assumed maybe just the HDMI port of the GPU might have a problem, so I bought a DP to VGA Cable Adapter

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00ECWHNNE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Since my GPU has a DP port and my monitor has VGA, HDMI port. I thought I could get the display from the DP port with the help of DP to VGA Cable Adapter.

I tried it still I got the Message "NO DISPLAY", but every time when I looked at the GPU, the Fans in GPU were spinning.

Even I checked in the BIOS, the default display is indeed PCIe, the IGPU is disabled.
Is my GPU dead or is there any other way to verify or troubleshoot.
Is the problem is with GPU or the PCIe slot of the motherboard?

Overall summary of my problem
-> PC boots perfectly and logs into the Windows, irrespective of the fact whether the HDMI is connected to GPU port or Motherboard port.
->No display(NO SIGNAL) from either DP port nor the HDMI port of the GPU.
-> Display is working when connected to the Motherboard's HDMI port.
-> IGFX/IGPU is disabled in BIOS.
->I forgot to mention I have a problem called Cold Soldering in my Motherboard, So every time If I want to start the PC after turning it OFF, after a long break like 6-7 hours, I have to heat the Motherboard by keeping it in Sunshine for an hour, so that the cold soldering expands and makes contact( But I assume it has NO RELEVANCE to this display problem).
->GPU fan is spinning well.

My config
Motherboard: Asus EX 320A gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G(I have disabled the IGPU in Bios, a long time ago, still the settings are the same)
-> [ https://forums.anandtech.com/attachments/img_20191223_110900016-jpg.14770/ ] ( I got the Snap of bios after connecting the HDMI cable to the Motherboard's port, as in GPU's port only the "NO SIGNAL" message appears. )
GPU: GTX 1050Ti Mini
Ram: GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB(1 X 8GB)
PSU: Corsair VS 550

This issue can go in your ongoing PC help thread,
as there is no need to have multiple threads on
motherboard/computer "cold soldering".
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/pc-not-turning-on.2570848/

AT Mod Usandthem

Attachments

• IMG_20191223_110900016.jpg
    IMG_20191223_110900016.jpg
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
->I forgot to mention I have a problem called Cold Soldering in my Motherboard, So every time If I want to start the PC after turning it OFF, after a long break like 6-7 hours, I have to heat the Motherboard by keeping it in Sunshine for an hour, so that the cold soldering expands and makes contact( But I assume it has NO RELEVANCE to this display problem).
I would recommend replacing the mobo outright. With something higher-spec than an A320 board, please.

Reactions: AMD USER

AMD USER

Sep 17, 2018
I removed the GPU completely from the motherboard and plugged the HDMI cable from the monitor to the Motherboard's HDMI port, Monitor showed the display, I logged into the Windows 10 and started installing the IGPU drivers, and found the only 5.84 GB of 8 GB was usable since some portion of RAM was being used by the IGPU.
After a while I again plugged back the GPU (GTX 1050Ti) into the open-ended PCI-Ex4 (@x2) slot, and turned on the PC, I found display appearing in the monitor.
But when I logged into Windows 10, when I right clicked and selected the Display settings in Desktop, a blue screen appeared and no response was found, so I completely turned off system, again I removed the GPU from open-ended PCI-Ex4 (@x2) slot and placed it in open-ended PCI-Ex4 (@x2) slot, the display appeared on the monitor.
I completely disabled the IGPU in BIOS.
When Logged into Windows 10 I found full 8 GB of RAM was usable.
Also, I ran a Benchmark test on a game (FAR CRY 5), in medium and High settings. It ran well without any problem.

So Now I am totally confused where would be the real problem? Motherboard or GPU?

https://ibb.co/VgfTxSC
https://ibb.co/VgfTxSC

Status
Not open for further replies.