Dispatchers Ask That Residents Stop Calling 911 When Facebook Goes Down

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Cities spend too much effort balancing the budget with parking tickets and not enough effort balancing the budget on idiots who abuse the system. Fine them all.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
what the fuck is wrong with people

“Our lines are [sic] dedicated to handle life and death calls, and even though Facebook is important to a lot of people, it’s not a matter of life and death when it stops working,” the dispatcher said. “One caller even called back to tell me I was being rude because I told her it wasn’t a life threatening emergency.”

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Cities spend too much effort balancing the budget with parking tickets and not enough effort balancing the budget on idiots who abuse the system. Fine them all.

A simple fine is not good enough. First neuter them to protect society, then fine them. And what the hell, take away their internet access forever too.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
A simple fine is not good enough. First neuter them to protect society, then fine them. And what the hell, take away their internet access forever too.

If you took away their internet access, they would probably riot. Just limit it to youtube and facebook; they'll be happy and we wouldn't have to deal with them on the rest of the internet.

Back in the old days you could get 99% of the way there by just blocking anyone @aol.com from connecting to your site.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
If you took away their internet access, they would probably riot. Just limit it to youtube and facebook; they'll be happy and we wouldn't have to deal with them on the rest of the internet.

they need instagram, twitter, and snapchat too.

Belegost

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2001
I would suggest just blocking their calls to 911 in the future, natural selection should weed them out from there.

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013
Hmm as funny and stupid as this is, something tells me these same people would call 911 for equally stupid, but less socially relatable reasons if facebook wasn't around.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
911 system suffers catastrophic drop in likes rate, details at 11.

It's crap like this that leads me to conclude that the stocks weren't a completely bad idea.

Belegost

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2001
I'd like to vote for you.

I'll be running on the GUASALAI Party ticket. Our key platform point is support for backhanding whiners in the face.

Remember: GUASALAI - because some people need to Grow Up And Stop Acting Like An Idiot.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Keep thinking that when you have to call 911 and you're waiting on hold. Dispatchers don't come in unlimited supply.

The only time I called 911 I was on hold for 10 minutes. Eventually gave up and hung up.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Back in the old days you could get 99% of the way there by just blocking anyone @aol.com from connecting to your site.

I'm starting to think that we are roughly 5 years away from the majority of first world society voluntarily submitting itself to a Matrix-like existence as nutrition for an invading alien species.

As long as they don't have to think. Ever again.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
I'm starting to think that we are roughly 5 years away from the majority of first world society voluntarily submitting itself to a Matrix-like existence as nutrition for an invading alien species.

As long as they don't have to think. Ever again.

I'd kill to not have to think.

mrjminer

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2005
IMO should be arrested, or at least fined.

Or, say they tied up a few operators, they are then accomplices to whatever 911 calls are delayed by them tying up the phones. Preventable crime ongoing? Congratulations, you're now an accomplice, dickhead.