Discussion Disney’s Business Model is Turning Kids Into Dysfunctional Adults

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Something I've always found incredible about humans is the innate desire to get others to conform. Not for people to conform to those around them, but for people to get others to conform to them so that THEY are more comfortable. My google news feed constantly has at least one sportsball story in it because it knows i'm a 20-60something male, and thus I *must* be into some kind of sportsball, just has to figure out which. I've updated my interests to reflect my lack of interest in sports, sports news sources, every individual sport imaginable, and I still occasionally get a 'soandso beachball team goes 2:1 over some other team' or 'french canadian bobsledder blahblah expected to be back in the seat in three weeks'. It feels like it's actually angry with me because I don't conform.

Yeah, I keep getting NFL advertisement stuff. Never shown any interest in it. I think they just have such a large advertising budget that it gets pushed out to EVERYONE regardless of interest, haha!

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
I made it half way through and had to stop. this article is trash. old fart blaming millenials, and blah blah blah.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I made it half way through and had to stop. this article is trash. old fart blaming millenials, and blah blah blah.

Yeah, my eyes glazed over trying to read it. No idea what point it was trying to make. Disney is just another large capitalist conglomerate, is all.

Their traditional old-school output never interested me, even as a child I found it dull and bland. That they've since done the usual capitalist corporation thing and bought up other companies making other products is not that interesting. I've probably liked some stuff produced by companies ultimately owned by the Disney empire and not liked other stuff, but I can't get very worked up about any of it, I guess because I'm not Ron DeSantis or his fans looking to pick a fight for electoral reasons.