Disk Unlocker - Great Feature from ASUS

xtremejoker

Mar 19, 2010
Hey… I would like to share a great tool with all the users are experiencing about the missing disk with the Window’s OS limitation.

ASUS announced a great feature another day, which is called “DISK UNLOCKER”. You can download it from the link as below http://event.asus.com/mb/2010/Disk_Unlocker/

This is a software solution to solve the operating system limitations that prevent a hard disk drive from utilizing more than 2048GB. With just a few clicks, Disk Unlocker discovered the hidden storage space beyond the nominal 2048GB range.

I just did a quick test on this software and found out this is very good tool. Check the image as below and you will know what I am trying to say.

I have a 3TB HDD and the space will not be able to recognise after 2TB due to Windows OS limitation. Before using it, I need to allocate the disk space and format it. This HDD is not the original one where OS installs. This HDD is for saving my movies and music.

beforef.jpg

After installing the ASUS Disk Unlocker software and reboot the machine. You can see it clearly, 2TB space will automatically be discovered and allocated, the hidden space 746.52MB will also be recognized as [Disk 2], and ready for me to use :whiste:

afterom.jpg

Great feature from ASUS, so I do not need to waste the extra empty space. :thumbsup:

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001
If something goes wrong, how easy is it to remove and connect the drive to a different computer without the ASUS software installed...

What about booting from a recovery partition, a USB stick or CD for diagnostics...?

Call me skeptical, but there seem to be so many ways this can fail...

xtremejoker

Mar 19, 2010
If something goes wrong, how easy is it to remove and connect the drive to a different computer without the ASUS software installed...

What about booting from a recovery partition, a USB stick or CD for diagnostics...?

Call me skeptical, but there seem to be so many ways this can fail...

What thing goes wrong? You mean the HDD out of function?

xtremejoker

Mar 19, 2010
He's asking what happens if the mobo dies.
Just finished my long break from europe. Lovely
Sorry I have no answer to answer that, because my mobo is still working.... but this tool is just to split the HDD into different partition, so if the mobo is dead, should still functional I think.

I will let you know once when my mobo is dead, and see where it is still work...