Disk I/O Error?

neilm

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2002
This is my first build, and I'm attempting to install the OS on my HDD, since win2k formats and partitions and installs itself, I just stuck in the CD to boot... but straight before the welcome screen of the win2k setup (where it asks if you want to repear or continue) it said "Disk I/O Error Status <some-number>", should I continue or what should I do?

The error msg is away, was only shown for like 5 secs, now I'm on the normal 'welcome to setup screen', so what should I do?

Cheers

neilm

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2002
To get into more detail, this is a wd drive and I have my jumper set to master. I have no slave drive, so the wd hdd is the only one in my case at the moment.

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Generally if you are installing a WD drive by itself on the chain (ie no slave drive) you will have to put the jumper in the neutral position as per Figure 1 here. See if that works, if not, grab there diagnostics software and see if the drive itself is bad.

neilm

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Dahak
Generally if you are installing a WD drive by itself on the chain (ie no slave drive) you will have to put the jumper in the neutral position as per Figure 1 here. See if that works, if not, grab there diagnostics software and see if the drive itself is bad.
Thanks for replying, would there be any difference in the standard installation (no jumper pins set) and the neutral installion (pin set on master and slave)?

It doesnt give mush explanation of both for the single drive option.