Dishonored too easy?

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Its the last game I am interested in ... but lots of people mention that once you upgrade your tools, weapons, abilities you pretty much stomp over everything and the challenge is gone.
How correct is that statement? I dont mind feeling somewhat overpowered but not to the point of being no challenge at all.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
Most games are that way now, but I don't think Dishonored was a notable offender. The thing is, it's not a fighting game, per se. There is a lot more difficulty and challenge in figuring out how not to fight, imo.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
While you can kill your way through the game, I believe the "real" goal is in not killing or being detected.

Hinda65

Jun 19, 2010
There are 2 wasy to play dishonered and each will yield a different ending so i decided to try both...

Stealth - with different levels of reward for no detection/minor detection/major detection kinda like the Hitman games would give you rating depending on how stealthy you were. This is very difficult and time consuming but very rewarding and the ideal way to complete the game. You can still knock people out, you just can't kill them.

Violent - when I did this play through, I still used some stealth to get past parts, it is a lot faster to complete and while I wouldn't say its easy, the combat certainly isnt overly difficult

It's definitely designed to be played as a sneaker.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
like hinda said...

if you go the stealthy way... it has some hard parts and you will need time to watch the enemies routines and wait for the moment to act

if you go the killing way... the game is pretty easy with the weapons and skills you get through the game

its not a hard game anyway, even playing stealth

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
like hinda said...

if you go the stealthy way... it has some hard parts and you will need time to watch the enemies routines and wait for the moment to act

if you go the killing way... the game is pretty easy with the weapons and skills you get through the game

its not a hard game anyway, even playing stealth

Thats would I figured. It seems good but I prefer more of a challenge. Not saying I dont want to play it, just not sure I NEED the game right this moment even at the low price. Picked up Deus Ex which should tie me over for a bit.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
It is very easy. I got bored pretty fast and stopped playing.

They game also pushes onto the player that a non-lethal playthrough is the "right" way to play. I hate when games that claim to be open try to shoehorn a player into playing a certain way.

Zorander

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2010
Dishonored is not strictly *that easy* (esp. if you attempt to play the stealthy way). The ability to fight your way out or escape with relative ease (when discovered) does make it easier than your typical stealth games however. It takes away the pressure of doing your best to remain concealed since you know you can get away with it.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011

They game also pushes onto the player that a non-lethal playthrough is the "right" way to play. I hate when games that claim to be open try to shoehorn a player into playing a certain way.

I agree with you 100%.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004

I agree with this as well. The game gives you all these toys to be lethally very effectively, and then constantly chides you for offing bad guys.

The other dynamic I didn't like was the heart/rune/bone charm dynamic. I felt that finding the items was more important than actually paying attention to the mission, which sort of diluted the game for me.

I like the way the first Bioshock handled awarding power ups by making new tonics available after the successful completion of a mission. It makes sense to tie the power ups in a game into the story, and not just have the best rewards in the game be a tacked on gathering assignment.

Plus, having to switch back and forth between the heart to find the the charms is annoying. This was about as much fun in Dishonored as being a flashlight ninja was in Doom 3.

Overall it was a decent game, but I was definitely ready to be done with it by the time I got to the end.

steve wilson

Sep 18, 2004
I got bored of the game very fast. After playing Far Cry 3 and Bioshock infinite, this game just didn't compare to the other 2 at all.

hans030390

Diamond Member
Feb 3, 2005
It can be easy. It can be hard. It depends on how you play. Put it on a harder difficulty mode and try to kill every single person on every level without ever being detected. That's at least a decent challenge.