Dish Network Issue

golfgod04

Apr 9, 2006
I think this is the right forum to post on. Right now I am having a problem with Dish Network. I upgraded to their HD receivers and service. When the installers came, they said I can return my old boxes to Dish Network and receive a $10 credit for each box. I called the Dish Network help line and they said they would send me the retrun boxes with labels on it to send it to them. I was told it would take up to 60 days to receive the refund. However, after 60 days, I have not received the credit. Now when I talk to customer support, they say they have never had that deal and don't owe me anything! What can I do about this? If I wasn't getting a credit, I would've just kept the boxes and given it to friends. This is like they stole the boxes from me! Anyone have any idea of what I can do?

smitbret

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2006
That's not something that I have ever heard of them doing, either. I don't think that giving them to friends would be a great idea, either, since 90% of the time, the boxes are leased from Dish Network. Where did you purchase them from?

golfgod04

Apr 9, 2006
I bought them from a local dish network branch. I made sure that the boxes were purchased and not leased to me. I have the paperwork to prove I owned them and not leased them.

golfgod04

Apr 9, 2006
I have 2 sets of people that told me I would receive a credit, 1 from the installers and 1 from the customer service rep who sent me the return boxes.