Discussion Thread Re: 8/3 No Insults Rule Amendment

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Which is worse?

• Intellectual Dishonesty

• Personal Insults

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
Your substantive comments, respectfully presented, are welcome. But be warned that excessive trolling, thread derailment, etc. will be dealt with.
Another recent intentional disruption, adding to countless other examples:
Wow, Whiskey did not condemn the practices of NAMBLA after being told he obviously must agree with them if he did not!!!!!

But what can we expect from someone who has been banned from multiple other forums?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Ah Whiskey16...why did you not include the context of the post? Could it be due using context destroys your point? Yes, it is why! Here, let me help you provide context for that post:

PJABBER, in your neglect to recognise Nebors' extremist incitement, I will assume that you are in complicit agreement with him.

My own contention is that since you have not recognized the effects of raw garlic and onion eating here to my satisfaction, you must have hellacious breath and have never had a girlfriend with a sense of smell.

Moreover, since you have not specifically disavowed NAMBLA's pederasty in ANY of your posts, that you are in complicit agreement with them and should be roundly condemned by all here.

:awe:

My post followed these two, which makes it no less disruptive than both your and PJ's posts. But hey, what can we expect from you, someone who has been banned from multiple other forums?

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
??? Me??? How many more 'vacations' are you to receive here?

I have nothing to defend myself against. Moderation has not contacted me, unlike yourself and the now silent Nebor from your quoted thread in question.

I certainly have not racked up such a rate of thousands of posts over a very relatively short period, and therefore it's of likely determination that I do not choose to spend all of my time upon a single forum.

In your case, you have found yet another new home to retain your historically documented consistent agenda to disrupt via extreme volume and mischaracterisations.

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
??? Me???

Yes, unless there are multiple Whiskey16s on this forum.

How many more 'vacations' are you to receive here?

If I could see the future, I would do it for better reasons (like seeing the winning powerball numbers) and not looking for silly things such as that for you. You are not important enough to me to both wasting looking into the future for.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
cybrsage is a religious believer who is certain that he is right and shameless enough to project his ridiculous ideas as if they were true. There is no way to separate his foolishness from the beliefs of anybody else. There is no way that anybody can prove they are objective. cybrsage is obnoxious to people who reason and appeals to those who do not. This is no different than those who reason being offensive to those who do not. Reason is reason when you are surrounded by reasonable people and offensive stupidity when surrounded by those who cannot. Religious belief is totally reasonable to believers and absurd when surrounded by people who think. We all know who is reasonable if we are reasonable and we all know who is right if we are religious in our beliefs. Reason says that irrational people are dangerous to reality and believers fear reason will destroy religious faith, a dangerous thing. The sane are forced to live in a world where many many people are actually insane and they need to get used to that fact. You can't ban folk just because they don't think like you do. The sane need to be looking for a cure for insanity and it isn't rational thinking. That is not possible for the other side. It's not possible and it's a fools errand to think that it is.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Ah moonbeam...such a silly little troll. Reason is important for faith. I know you understand this, but admitting it would add a small bit of light into your self imposed darkness, so you cannot possibly do it, out of fear of losing your protective prison.

:(

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
:D You should change your career to comedian. Either that or politician...

Would care to enlighten us as to why you enjoy trolling?

Just how many times here on AT have you already been temp-banned? 6? 8? more? Why to do think you have been temp banned so often? Bad luck LOL?

So seek professional help for your trolling disorder? Trolling so hard for several years over several forums is not a health activity, and not indicative of good mental health.

Oh, and explain why calling you and other trolls out with facts and proving you lie is trolling.....this should be good. I am betting we get another page of lies and outright handwaving leading to another. Wanna start posting maps again, LOL?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Would care to enlighten us as to why you enjoy trolling?

Just how many times here on AT have you already been temp-banned? 6? 8? more? Why to do think you have been temp banned so often? Bad luck LOL?

So seek professional help for your trolling disorder? Trolling so hard for several years over several forums is not a health activity, and not indicative of good mental health.

Oh, and explain why calling you and other trolls out with facts and proving you lie is trolling.....this should be good. I am betting we get another page of lies and outright handwaving leading to another. Wanna start posting maps again, LOL?

Don't see how it applies to me, since I don't troll.

That's the best imitation I've ever seen of truly vicious trolling behavior. The second quote is the best evidence of hypocrisy in action I've ever seen.

You scored a fucking TWOFER!

Grats Garfield, to be such a nasty ass troll and to be a slimy hypocrite within 9 posts is a true achievement!

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
That's the best imitation I've ever seen of truly vicious trolling behavior. The second quote is the best evidence of hypocrisy in action I've ever seen.

Grats Garfield, to be such a nasty ass troll and to be a slimy hypocrite within 9 posts is a true achievement!

That actually shows he is calming down - 9 posts is a long time for him. ;)

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

You are the expert on hypocrisy? Must be from all the practice, practice, practice.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
That actually shows he is calming down - 9 posts is a long time for him. ;)

Hay welcome back! See you have not changed your method very much. Maybe you could find a Troll Seminar or Retreat and learn some new sthick.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005

Wait, so posting facts is trolling in you opinion? Really?

I pointed out, correctly, that our #1 troll has a mult-iyear trolling history on several forums. This isn't in dispute, as many can attest to. Also not in dispute is that he has had many temp bans here for trolling. CAn you dispute any of that? Can cyrbrtroll? Don't think so.

But it is funny, you and cybrtroll get moderated, post misleading threads, and the like, get mod edited for lieing and misleading posts.....while I never have been banned, vacationed, moderated, or had a post edited, or anything like that, but you all think I am a troll, but y'all aren't? That is comedy.

Hell, you two got mentioned in the "lord of the trolls' post a while ago in the top AT troll list. Good job you two.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
It's a simple question....how many times have you been temp banned for trolling? Afraid to admit how many times you've been vacationed here? LOL

Never been temp banned for trolling. Thanks for asking so that I could show you to again be wrong. I suspect that, now that you know, you will continue to say what is wrong and therefor be a liar - something you actively attempt to remain.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Never been temp banned for trolling. Thanks for asking so that I could show you to again be wrong. I suspect that, now that you know, you will continue to say what is wrong and therefor be a liar - something you actively attempt to remain.

So all those "vacations" you have been getting aren't for trolling? LOL, liar.

Anyone believe that? Haha

Guess you got banned for being too nice maybe? LOL

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Hi tampon! I see you are as friendly as ever! Makes me proud of you.

Says the man that yells "FIRE!", "FIRE!" in the theater just to see who gets trampled in the panic. Guess what? It's my intolerance of trolls showing. Name calling hoits me vae-we, vae-we bad-we.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

You are arguing semantics again. Trolling is such a broad term, be specific. Just what have you been banned for these many times, Mr. Troll?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
You are arguing semantics again.

Take up your complaint with the dork who asked the dumb question if you do not like the way the question was asked. Complaining about the answer to the idiotic question is very lame. But it made you feel good to be lame, which is why you did it, amirite?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Ah moonbeam...such a silly little troll. Reason is important for faith. I know you understand this, but admitting it would add a small bit of light into your self imposed darkness, so you cannot possibly do it, out of fear of losing your protective prison.

:(

When you see the Buddha smile you see faith without reason. He doesn't care what you think and has no reason to smile. But he smiles because he smiles. you are not the Buddha nor do you have real faith because you have an ax to grind. You contend in the market place. Go now and find your inner peace. You will want to take this new information in so you can become better at being sick.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
8/3/12 -- Insults and personal attacks, while permitted, are not to be excessively vitriolic or scatological in nature, nor will any one poster be allowed constantly engage in them. Please let common sense, and some idea of proportion and civility be your guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.