discouraging crows from hanging around

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
we have these trees outside the backyard, and crows like to hang around and caw their little heads off. I've never hated an animal so much. loud and unceasing pure noise from multiple crows makes it very difficult to sleep/concentrate.

I don't want to use tactics like putting up fake owls or something because I don't want to scare away the other birds (I like them), so I'm thinking about purchasing a BB gun or a paintball gun for the purpose of scaring these things into going away when they start to collect around. I don't really have an idea of the power of these guns. Would I seriously hurt or kill them? I don't want to do that for moral/social/legal reasons.

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Birds suck, especially when they crap on your car...right after you wash it. There's not enough paintballs.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
burn down the tree, after putting a net over it. :evil:

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: So
burn down the tree, after putting a net over it. :evil:

would be quite a sight, these trees are like 5 stories tall :Q

I Saw OJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
A paintball gun wont kill them, but might give you a little trouble hitting them if they are way up in the tree. A BB or pellet gun would probably kill them if you got a good shot, or at least wound them enough to knock em out of the tree.

Might wanna call your city, they might let you kill them, or send someone out to kill them if they are a nuisance.

We had a bunch at my parents house when I lived there. They would caw and fight and make insane amounts of noise. Over a span of a couple weeks I would hide in their backyard and pick one or two off at a time with my .22. Never felt so much satisfaction killin those little fuggers...

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Become a falconer and hunt them down with a larger bird.

Nothing wrong with killing nuisance animals. This is like having too many deer and then they keep running out in the road causing accidents and killing motorists. People dont want you to kill the deer, but they can be a nuisance also.