Disabling Crossfire Hangs PC...HELP! *FIXED*

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Every time I try to disable Crossfire, the computer hangs at a black screen and I have to reboot.

Anyone come across this before?
Is there any way to set the default for Crossfire to "off" so that when I boot my computer it is off? I have 2x290s and I have Overdrive disabled and Afterburner installed. Running Cats 14.6 RC2, same thing happens with Catalyst Omega 14.12.

UPDATE: I managed to disable it. I first had to disable Afterburner and undo any OCing it did (hoping that the system doesn't crash from low memory clocks lol), and then I was able to disable XFire from within CCC without the comp giving a black screen.

Last edited:

KaRLiToS

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2010
Every time I try to disable Crossfire, the computer hangs at a black screen and I have to reboot.

Anyone come across this before?
Is there any way to set the default for Crossfire to "off" so that when I boot my computer it is off? I have 2x290s and I have Overdrive disabled and Afterburner installed. Running Cats 14.6 RC2, same thing happens with Catalyst Omega 14.12.

It happens to me too sometime. It doesn't hang in my case. It is still running but a blackscreen so what I do is restarting the computer instead of making a hard reset, I just push on my power button on my case and it close the PC and then I re-open it again.

Usually after this process, I don't encounter the bug when switching from CrossFire modes. Doesn't happen until I reinstall a new driver.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
UPDATE: I managed to disable it. I first had to disable Afterburner and undo any OCing it did (hoping that the system doesn't crash from low memory clocks lol), and then I was able to disable XFire from within CCC without the comp giving a black screen.

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
I had similar issues before and disabling ulps through MSI Afterburner fixed it.

The new omega driver seems to be ok though.