Dirt 4 announced

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
http://www.dirt4game.com/uk

I liked Dirt 3 -- particularly, the rally parts of the game. Not gymkhana.

I really liked Dirt Rally - having put > 120 hours into the game, it's one of my top 10 video game time sinks.

Dirt 4 sounds more like Dirt 3... but I'll assume they'll use the updated graphics engine from Dirt Rally and maybe even the updated physics model ( perhaps toned down for a broader audience.)

My friends and I lamented that Dirt Rally's multiplayer was limited to a single game mode with few tracks.
The hope was to simply have them implement Dirt 3's rally multiplayer mode ( You guy, 10 seconds later he goes, 10 seconds later I go. If I pass you on track, that means you really screwed up... :) )

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Finally... I got really bored with D:R after playing the same courses over and over; it also seemed like each patch screwed something up.

I am actually playing WRC 6 right now and I like it a lot. It's much more forgiving than Rally, but you can make it very challenging if you want it to be. There's also no "sick mad drift bro that run was dank" sort of annoying dialogue.

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
I am actually playing WRC 6 right now and I like it a lot.

I bought it during the xmas sale and have put maybe 10 hours in it.

There are small things I like about it... but the physics feel wonky after spending so much time in the Codemasters-Physics worlds.

I like in WRC that damage to your car *really* matters - you have to be much more careful than in DR (surprisingly enough) when taking damage.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
It does feel a bit odd in comparison to Dirt, but after a couple of hours I was sliding around those super tight pins like a madman. The trick is to obviously use manual gearbox so you can peg the gas and not have the car gain traction halfway through the bend etc.

My only problem with it is the lack of vehicles, especially considering Dirt is pretty lauded in that regard. I mean there aren't even any Subarus in WRC 6... in a rally game... that's almost like having no Spartans in a Halo game.

Regardless, I am really glad the codies are doing another Dirt in the series.