Direct2Drive has Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Ed. for $13!

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
It is a Steamwork game. So it has to be registered on Steam regardless of where you buy it from.

Good deal, though I'm waiting for the complete edition and then for it to go on sale :D

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Questions:
1. So even if you get F:NV on D2D it will end up on your Steam library?
2. For all other games, is D2D as good as steam in terms of , can always re-download it(and don't have to immediately download it when you buy) and whatever other essentials steam provides? ? Steam has got me hooked on grabbing games whenever they pop up on sale and adding D2D to the mix would give me more choices.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
By the way, they also have NWN2 Plat 50% off.... anyone know if that is also steam compatible?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
No matter how you get New Vegas, it always requires Steam.
Which I hate, but thats life.
Also, for 13 bucks thats just plain fucking awesome. I'd deal with all sorts of bullshit DRM for that price.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
I see this game is made by one of my favorite game companies (that is still in business), do I need to play Fallout 3 to know what is going on?

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
I see this game is made by one of my favorite game companies (that is still in business), do I need to play Fallout 3 to know what is going on?

From what I understand, they're completely separate, but I could never get into 3 and haven't played NV. I'm actually tempted to get this too. Only time I'll buy from d2d is when I can take the keys and go elsewhere with it.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Questions:
1. So even if you get F:NV on D2D it will end up on your Steam library?
2. For all other games, is D2D as good as steam in terms of , can always re-download it(and don't have to immediately download it when you buy) and whatever other essentials steam provides? ? Steam has got me hooked on grabbing games whenever they pop up on sale and adding D2D to the mix would give me more choices.
it is a steamworks game so yes.

Ol Painless

Jun 15, 2011
From what I understand, they're completely separate, but I could never get into 3 and haven't played NV. I'm actually tempted to get this too. Only time I'll buy from d2d is when I can take the keys and go elsewhere with it.

I also want to know if I can just take the key and register with Steam?

Ol Painless

Jun 15, 2011
well it was already mentioned twice before I said anything and people still kept asking.
Nobody else mentioned anything about the key. I have never bought anything from d2d so I don't even know if they provide you with the key before you download. I was wanting to simply enter a key into Steam and download from there.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Nobody else mentioned anything about the key. I have never bought anything from d2d so I don't even know if they provide you with the key before you download. I was wanting to simply enter a key into Steam and download from there.

When I asked if it got added to your steam library that's essentially the same as asking about the key.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
again it was mentioned twice that Steam is actually required. and of course the key you get from buying the game at another retailer is what you have to enter on Steam.

Ol Painless

Jun 15, 2011
again it was mentioned twice that Steam is actually required. and of course the key you get from buying the game at another retailer is what you have to enter on Steam.
Yes, I already knew it was mentioned twice that it was added to Steam. That is not what I was asking. I was simply wandering if I can only use the key and register myself or do I have to first download from d2d and use their installer. I have never actually registered a game with Steam. All the games I have were bought directly from Steam so this issue has never come up before so forgive my ignorance here. Anyway, since my question was answered I think I may buy. Thanks to all for helping.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
get the key
launch Steam
left click on "Games" at the top left hand side
choose "activate a product on Steam"
enter key

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
well, i always wait for the complete packs, but i'm just gonna have to bight on this one.

wowzer.

i also haven't played FO3, yet, so I'll just accept what people say that it isn't necessary.

KT's travails with that game, and it's inability to fall to an acceptable price, have kept me away.

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
Awesome game. Awesome price. Now I wanna play it again.... I had a bug near the end that forced me to take an ending I didn't want. Hopefully that stuff is squashed...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Just to be clear, there's *no* continuation from FO3. Completely different Stories and no references. Type of Game, Gameplay, and Game Engine are the same, but that's the end of the similarities.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Bah... paid $30 for this a while back and haven't really touched it. I should stop buying games as I see them as with my backlog by the time I get to them they're even cheaper.