DiNovo Desktop (Keyboard/Mouse Bluetooth) for $150USD shipped

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
I'm up in Canada, and I miss all my awesome US deals (moved up here in May from VT). I can get a DiNovo Bluetooth Desktop shipped from Newegg for about $150-$160 depending on the day, but only in the States. Up here, the cheapest I've found it is from Tigerdirect.ca, which wants about $180CDN shipped or so (NCIX.com is another, they want over $250CDN shipped?!). I got it off ebay though, from a Canadian seller, with something like 12k positive feedback (only 13 negs in 6 months), who seems to sell only Logitech items. I basically paid (with shipping) $150, which includes our wonderful federal tax (6%), and shipping to my door. That's in Canadian dollars too, only about $128 or so in USD. Should have full warranty, it's new in a box, seller has a return policy.

Good deal, or could I have found better? Remember, most really good online sites are US based, and will not ship out of the country (ZZF, Newegg, etc), so I'm basically screwed for computer parts up here.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Sphexi
I'm up in Canada, and I miss all my awesome US deals (moved up here in May from VT). I can get a DiNovo Bluetooth Desktop shipped from Newegg for about $150-$160 depending on the day, but only in the States. Up here, the cheapest I've found it is from Tigerdirect.ca, which wants about $180CDN shipped or so (NCIX.com is another, they want over $250CDN shipped?!). I got it off ebay though, from a Canadian seller, with something like 12k positive feedback (only 13 negs in 6 months), who seems to sell only Logitech items. I basically paid (with shipping) $150, which includes our wonderful federal tax (6%), and shipping to my door. That's in Canadian dollars too, only about $128 or so in USD. Should have full warranty, it's new in a box, seller has a return policy.

Good deal, or could I have found better? Remember, most really good online sites are US based, and will not ship out of the country (ZZF, Newegg, etc), so I'm basically screwed for computer parts up here.

If it's the newer set with the M1000 mouse and bluetooth instead of the 900, then yes it's a good deal.

DiNovo stuff is expensive and doesn't appear that it will ever go down.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Originally posted by: TerryMathews
Originally posted by: Sphexi

If it's the newer set with the M1000 mouse and bluetooth instead of the 900, then yes it's a good deal.

DiNovo stuff is expensive and doesn't appear that it will ever go down.

It's got Bluetooth, the newer version of it so it'll run 30ft.+ from the receiver, and the laser mouse instead of the standard optical one, so I'm pretty sure it's the newer set.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Originally posted by: Astrallite
Eh, as long as you are sure it's the MX1000 laser and not the MX900 optical. Because they both have the same color (dark blueish). The difference between the mice are that the MX900 has a black center/scroll button and the MX1000 is silver.

http://www.bonafidereviews.com/articles/33/images/All%20Items.jpg - MX900

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002...-Laser-Cordless-Mouse._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg - MX1000

Well, the MX900 doesn't seem to have the smart battery indicator on it, and the one I bought does. So yeah, I'm sure it's the MX1000 :)...he emailed me the serial number already, and I registered it with Logitech, so I'm good for 3 years with a warranty.

The guy also sent an email promoting Squaretrade warranties, I'm sure he makes something off it, but it won't work for me since I'm in Canada. Very professional seller actually, he had it shipped out within the same day I bought it too :)