Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives

BlackTigers

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2006
Anyone else get incredibly hungry when you watch this show? It's usually some type of home-made 24 pound piece of meat (of some sort) with extra greasy, breaded side dishes. :D

I was watching last night, and some of the stuff that's getting made looks absolutely incredible. Wish I had some cool place to eat around here :frown:. You guys have anything similar around you?

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
i loved how he ran a full 30 minutes show only focusing on NJ diners before. he mentioned 7 different diners and i've been to 3 of them! w00t!

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
I love that show. I swear I think diners are illegal in Los Angeles... it's like you can never find a good one.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I don't like the host, but I would like the food. Greasy, spicy diner-style food rocks.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: BlackTigers91
Anyone else get incredibly hungry when you watch this show? It's usually some type of home-made 24 pound piece of meat (of some sort) with extra greasy, breaded side dishes. :D

I was watching last night, and some of the stuff that's getting made looks absolutely incredible. Wish I had some cool place to eat around here :frown:. You guys have anything similar around you?

I do as well BlackTigers91! :eek:

Thankfully, I can avoid most of those types of places because I don't want to be completely overweight! :)

SZLiao214

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
Back when i was on the school meal plan that show would drive me crazy. Its the type of food you know would hit the spot if you were just starving.

You guys see those bites he takes when he is eating a burger? Thats love for what you do!

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
This show is one of my very favorites on Food network. Almost every place he visits looks really good.

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
They had a diner in a small Kansas town that's about an hour from me and I've been trying to find an excuse to drive down there...

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
I miss having the Food Network :(
I've just got the basics in HD OTA.

tboo

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
I was just thinking this the other day. it makes me really hungry everytime I watch.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Originally posted by: freesia39
I love that show. I swear I think diners are illegal in Los Angeles... it's like you can never find a good one.

I bet that is because they have all been replaced by Mexicans selling food out of a trailer with an awning and some folding tables and chairs out front. Isn't progress awesome?!!

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
Hi! I'm Guy Fieri!

That guy is such a douche, but he's a decent cook, or is he a chef, and the DD&D show is good. :thumbsup:

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Ronstang

I bet that is because they have all been replaced by Mexicans selling food out of a trailer with an awning and some folding tables and chairs out front. Isn't progress awesome?!!

Like that's a new phenomenon?

Roach Coaches are old school, FYI.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Originally posted by: feralkid
Originally posted by: Ronstang

Like that's a new phenomenon?

Roach Coaches are old school, FYI.

I'm talking the stationary kind. They were trailered in and parked and always in the same location. Roach coaches are something completely different. These are the Mexican restaurants of the new millennium. They seem to be everywhere.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
He actually made a stop in Wichita at a breakfast joint. I have yet to eat there because the place is always packed.

compman25

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2006
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
Hi! I'm Guy Fieri!

That guy is such a douche, but he's a decent cook, or is he a chef, and the DD&D show is good. :thumbsup:

His restaurants are ok, the Tex Wasabi's are kinda unique and if you don't like regular sushi he has beloved patriot sushi for us sushi haters along with all the regular sushi. His other restaurant is Johnny Garlics, an Italian type place. It's ok too.