Question Dilemma

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
Why rtx 2000 series doesn't support anymore drivers for win 8.1 pro like gtx 1000 series?One weird thing ,is win 7 OS driver support is still available....WIn 8.1 pro is newer than win 7,but 7 still have driver support....hmmm???I don t understand why win 8 is abandoned

Weird...

Attachments

• driver2.jpg
    driver2.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 2
  • drivers.jpg
    drivers.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 2

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
It is funny how many of us quietly stayed on win 10.

The thing keeps annoying me to upgrade to win 11 and I am like no, I am not dropping smb 1.0 support.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
I am still on W10 20H2 because a Windows update borked windows update & it is unfixable. To stop the windows update & undo multiple reboot on every boot I disabled updates full stop. I won't start over as my browser of choice for 12 years is no longer available & no browser will accept the bookmarks html export, Firefox grabs about 200 then gives up...

Basically, Microsoft screwed up & I am too stubborn to move on.

coercitiv

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2014
@DeathReborn you should be able to re-install Win 10 while keeping all your programs & user data (make a Win 10 flash drive and run the setup after booting from your installed OS, not booting from the flash). You would essentially "refresh" your OS only. There's also a command that you can use to have the OS refresh corrupted system files. For more details read here and here.

If your OS is broken and you can't even migrate your bookmarks, then you're essentially sitting on a time bomb that will eventually have you lose some browser data anyway. Making a backup of your current browser's app/user data and attempting an OS fix seems like a sensible choice to me.

I recently had to wipe a friend's Win 10 installation because the system was no longer able to boot (corrupted OS files) and the options MS offers after you no longer have access to the local account with admin rights are very very limited. Without a recovery drive things become complicated fast. I would not let it come to that on a system where I still have options.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
The package designated as Windows 7 driver includes the 8.1 driver. It just isn't listed on the title/page.

However they did stop updating (to the same level of support as their Win10/11 drivers), the Win7/8 drivers in late 2021. Those are now only receiving critical security updates through Sept. 2024. Latest driver for your config:

Last edited: