Digital Camcorder or Camera??

LordGorzul

Mar 21, 2000
All you have been helpful with my AMD VS P4question and I made my order thanks.
i now have another question.

I'm trying to buy a pretty good Camcorder or camera, but not sure which. my budget is about 500$. What are some goodcamecorder nowadays? Whic Camera is good?
I was going to go with that DC4800 Deal (is it still working?) but now I'm hesitating.
please let me know whatyou all think..

Thanks

LG.

p0tempkin

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
That's like apples and oranges. What are you currently in most need of? Recording personal movies, or taking digital pictures?

Andy22

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2001
Don't know if that will factor into your decision or not but while doing research on digital camcorders It was obvious from the reviews and posts that while some of them have the capability to take stills like a camera, the quality of the pictures was poor. I ended up going with the Sony 730 Hi8 digital camcorder and have been very happy with it so far. I also have the Sony Cybershot camera and it has been nothing short of amazing.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
here
here <-- has a link to their DV page too
and here

for camera stuff ;)

I personally don't like the quality of the kodaks that much.. but thats me. I prefer the canon, or olympus... waiting on the new minoltas tho :) only 7x optical, but uses CF and AA.. something i've been looking for... and has a supposedly better EVF than the 10x opticals from olympus/canon.