DigDog's very own semi-awesome holiday-to-Thailand thread

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
That's right nerds, i'm out, and will be spending the next 3 weeks in lobster paradise. Prepare for imgur bonanza of photos of seafood, modern but cheap apartments, economy aircraft seating and buses buses buses. What, you think i'm a millionaire? Nooo, THIS guy wouldn't even pay $400 for extra legroom.
I got 9 days in Bangkok (which i cannot be convinced it's not pronounced Bang Cock) and 9 days in Phuket (which i cannot be convinced it's not pronounced Fuck It), even went as far as to book my AirBnB right next to the fish market,
FYI, did you know Thailand leaglized motherf* weed not 2 months ago ?

I welcome any and all legal and ill.. actually, just legal, tips & tricks for the city. If any residing ATOTers want to meet up for "who can eat the spiciest curry" challenges, i'm up for that as well.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
if i'm not mistaken, the weed they legalized is essentially hemp (<2% thc i believe)

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Curiosity, have you been there before? We were thinking about going to Thailand, but don't know a ton about it.
i have never been to asia in general.
if i'm not mistaken, the weed they legalized is essentially hemp (<2% thc i believe)
So ..
i too read this, that they have set a THC maximum content, but then again, Bangkok has got f* WEED SHOPS that sell kindbud, and reports of people going there and getting stoned, so i think it'll have enough THC for my needs.

Reactions: KMFJD

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Btw, Phuket isn't booked it. I'm planning on walking around and deciding where to go.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
But, the British economy! Why aren't you spending your pounds in UK to stimulate the economy?

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
.. as i've said before, i think you should feel free to fuck anything that makes you hot. Besides, i've always been one for Booty Love.

Still, in my list of things that are awesome, proper massages rank higher than happy endings.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011

Be sure to watch this movie before you go. You don't wanna get caught up in a royal mess like that!
Two women are arrested for smuggling while vacationing in Thailand.
first off, no thnx,
and second, also no tnx.

A few years ago i was casually being alive and all of the sudden my brain decided to revisit all the things i did in my life, and i realized i barely escaped prison more than once.
Also, i no longer carry drugs with me, but rather go to where the drugs are. So, about once a year, i hop on a flight to anywhere coca leaves grow. When i am *not* in this 2-week drug break, i don't do any drugs, not even a puff of a joint.
Plus, as a former hippie, i've always know that thailand (and turkey) are the two places you don't fuck with. 'Member?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
As a bonus i didn't think of earlier, i get to not be here when all the spooky scary skeletons and pumpkin spice latte "October is an entire month of Halloween" bullshit is going on.

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
2db.jpg

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
When in SEA you gotta have at least one helping of durian, jackfruit and marang, seafood should be delicious

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
When in SEA you gotta have at least one helping of durian, jackfruit and marang, seafood should be delicious
you know, i'm one of those people to whom coriander tastes like a soap bar - durian will be fun.

• Haha
Reactions: KMFJD

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Do you always go to Thailand? Somehow I am feeling deja Vu

Or it could be long haul COVID brain fog, of which I have

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Do you always go to Thailand? Somehow I am feeling deja Vu

Or it could be long haul COVID brain fog, of which I have
i have .. never, been to thailand. Or any other asian country.

I have been to
Russia
Belgium
Holland
France
Croatia and then some more
Spain
technically i have been to Portugal, for 1 day, to me it doesn't count.
Marocco
Austria
Mamma Italia (duh)
England, and Scotland, i suppose
'Murica
i spent 5 days locked in a cabin across the border, so i guess, Canada, as well?
Santo Domingo
Jamaica
Brasil
Argentina
Mexico
Greece

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
You gotta visit America. We have the best pizza in the world - you can get it with pineapple!

Reactions: Shmee

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
For some reason I read "I have been to" as "I haven't been to". Oops...
we had a house in the hamptons since the 80s.
My sister lived in NYC before the Giuliani years, when you could still afford a loft.
I went to college in boston.
I got a pretty good idea of what the pizza in the US is like.

• Haha
Reactions: skyking

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
That's right nerds, i'm out, and will be spending the next 3 weeks in lobster paradise. Prepare for imgur bonanza of photos of seafood, modern but cheap apartments, economy aircraft seating and buses buses buses. What, you think i'm a millionaire? Nooo, THIS guy wouldn't even pay $400 for extra legroom.
I got 9 days in Bangkok (which i cannot be convinced it's not pronounced Bang Cock) and 9 days in Phuket (which i cannot be convinced it's not pronounced Fuck It), even went as far as to book my AirBnB right next to the fish market,
FYI, did you know Thailand leaglized motherf* weed not 2 months ago ?

I welcome any and all legal and ill.. actually, just legal, tips & tricks for the city. If any residing ATOTers want to meet up for "who can eat the spiciest curry" challenges, i'm up for that as well.
i plan to be in thailand in sept or oct 2023.
Bangkok, phukit, mai ching

let me know where you are staying, how much, and if you recommend it.

and things you liked and dont like in that city.
and any other general advice