Difficulty getting my completed absentee ballot handed in today...

uberman

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2006
I'm afraid of another coup 'd' etat like in 2000. I tried to deliver my ballot today... I expect many more similar attempts successful and unsuccessful to steal this election.

An email to a friend:

"Rhonda,

In order to preven another fraudulent election I handed in my ballot at the Registrar of Voters. I was imediately greeted by a guard who denied me access to the bldg. I was packing a Swiss Army Knife complete with fingernail clippers. I was denied passage due to this assortment of armaments. I explained that I wished to drop off my completed absentee ballot but this was not possible.

I left and ran into a lawyer whom I'd previously asked for directions and she asked why I was leaving. She told me to drop off my armaments with the security guard at the library across the street for safe keeping. I did so and was able to enter the building to drop off a completed ballot.

It seems that they should have someone facilitating the collection of ballots, rather than discouraging their intake. That's only one story. It will be interesting to see what happens as the voting takes place without the watchful eyes of United Nations Peacekeepers.

Perhaps Hugo Chavez and Putin could send us election monitors to help with the integrity of the election.

Rick"

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
So, if you had just left your knife with the security guard, you could enter the building? Sounds just like every gov't building I know nowadays. Heck, I had to leave my camera with the security guard the other day entering the Registry of Deeds. No big deal.

uberman

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2006
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
So, if she just had left her knife with the security guard so she could enter the building? Sounds just like every gov't building I know nowadays. Heck, I had to leave my camera with the security guard the other day entering the Registry of Deeds. No big deal.

I had the Swiss Army Knife, I'm male. In smaller towns there are no problems with it. Federal Buildings have no guards posted. At the state building in Oakland, CA, the guards nametag pocket knives and hold them for you until you exit. They could do that to allow people to vote, or do they have other motives. They could also give the guards a locked ballot box to accept absentee ballots making the searches unneccessary.

It seems the government is not interested in recieving the ballots.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: uberman
I'm afraid of another coup 'd' etat like in 2000. I tried to deliver my ballot today... I expect many more similar attempts successful and unsuccessful to steal this election.

An email to a friend:

"Rhonda,

In order to preven another fraudulent election I handed in my ballot at the Registrar of Voters. I was imediately greeted by a guard who denied me access to the bldg. I was packing a Swiss Army Knife complete with fingernail clippers. I was denied passage due to this assortment of armaments. I explained that I wished to drop off my completed absentee ballot but this was not possible.

I left and ran into a lawyer whom I'd previously asked for directions and she asked why I was leaving. She told me to drop off my armaments with the security guard at the library across the street for safe keeping. I did so and was able to enter the building to drop off a completed ballot.

It seems that they should have someone facilitating the collection of ballots, rather than discouraging their intake. That's only one story. It will be interesting to see what happens as the voting takes place without the watchful eyes of United Nations Peacekeepers.

Perhaps Hugo Chavez and Putin could send us election monitors to help with the integrity of the election.

Rick"
There was no coup 'd' etat in 2000

There was no fraudulent election

/thread

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: bbdub333
You could have just said "I'm an idiot" and skipped the rest of the story...

True. What sort of "moran" goes to a gov't building these days with a pocket knife still in their pocket? Sheesh.

bbdub333

Aug 21, 2007
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: bbdub333
You could have just said "I'm an idiot" and skipped the rest of the story...

True. What sort of "moran" goes to a gov't building these days with a pocket knife still in their pocket? Sheesh.

Maybe he wanted to steal the 2000 election back.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: uberman

An email to a friend:

"Rhonda,

Rick"

Wait, so you want to call the UN in to oversee the election because you couldn't drop off your ballot while carrying a knife? WINNAR!

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Do you actually think a UN officer would have allowed you in?

Wow dude.. I'd be begging for this thread to get deleted.