Difference in CPU cooler - Dell vs Intel cooler for i5 3330

hsjj3

May 22, 2016
Just wondering, does anyone know how the Dell and Intel stock coolers for the i5 3330 are different? Which is the inferior one? I'm seeing a bit higher temps with my CPU but not sure if it's due to the Dell cooler being worse off, or something else.

Feb 25, 2011
Depends on the cooler. That really does cover a lot of ground.

The old dell PCs at my last job were Pentium 4s. That was a long time ago. They tended to run very quiet, but a tad hotter than the stock Intel HSFs in my homebuild rigs. YMMV depending on which Dell, which CPU, and which Intel cooler you're comparing it to.

Concerned Citizen

Sep 30, 2016
Dude,get a umm Coolermaster gimmick.
It's the best thing going these days.
I have 5 Coolermaster backplates.Just because. :grinning:

Sadist

Oct 1, 2016
If you genuinely want an answer, take a picture of your CPU cooler for us to see. Dell has many desktops with this CPU. They may use different coolers, so we can't provide an accurate answer. One thing is for sure, an OEM isn't going to use the Intel stock cooler for boxed CPUs.

Still, an i5 3330 isn't going to produce much heat, so as long as you aren't stressing the CPU, you should be fine with what you have. A new CPU cooler may cause problems in an OEM PC, which may have proprietary mounting mechanisms and/or clearance requirements.