Diff between AA in game & on GPU's menu

SHIROI RAKUEN

Feb 18, 2013
Just wondering... What will happen, or, is there any diff, if on the video card's menu I turn off AA but I put it on in the game menu... & vice versa

Same thing with V-sync. If I turn it off in the game menu, but turn it on in the video card's menu.

:confused:

Shephard

Nov 3, 2012
Using something like Video Card AA just forces it on if it doesn't work or if the game graphics menu doesn't have it.

I know some crappy console ports had no way of changing graphics options in game. You could edit a CFG to do some changes or force AA/AF with your video card drivers.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
The implementation is different. Sometimes you'll see better performance picking one over the other.

A good example is Dead Space (for me). The in-game VSync would cripple my performance and cause mouse lag... but enabling VSync in the NVidia menu (and disabling in Dead Space) caused a much better overall experience.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
If you want to get deep into the technical stuff you could learn how to use 3rd party software to force supersampling and see a marked increase in quality for certain titles.

SHIROI RAKUEN

Feb 18, 2013
The implementation is different. Sometimes you'll see better performance picking one over the other.

A good example is Dead Space (for me). The in-game VSync would cripple my performance and cause mouse lag... but enabling VSync in the NVidia menu (and disabling in Dead Space) caused a much better overall experience.

Very interesting. Didn't know this... thx.

SHIROI RAKUEN

Feb 18, 2013
If you want to get deep into the technical stuff you could learn how to use 3rd party software to force supersampling and see a marked increase in quality for certain titles.

lol Wow no... I wish but, that's too hardcore(technical) for me :awe: