DID YOU VOTE?

arcitech2

Apr 1, 2003
To all who didn't vote:

You should not be allowed to voice a political view, but be thankful that you are in the good ol' USofA. We still give you that right. So go ahead sit there and bitch, don't become active in your local/state/national government, don't join the military and defend the Constitution that provide for your way of life. Just SIT there, invisible, anonymous electronic friend. Soon your seed will dry up, and the world won't have to worry about you reproducing more couch potato's!

To all who did vote:

Good job! You get a big gold star! (or smilely if stars are too upsetting). Go ahead, complain all you want, but if you don't provide a solution to the problems you complain about, what is the point? Yes, you voted. Did you drag a friend with you? Are you active in your community? Are you a good citizen, concerned for your country and how it is run? Did you write to your Congress men and women (state and national) and let them know how you stand on this war? Are you doing your job, making sure that our elected officials are voting for you, the constituency?

To all who don't care:

Try a different thread.:D

RyanM

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
Hell yeah I voted. As far as I'm concerned, if you are of voting age, and you don't vote, then your opinion isn't of any import.

Our democratic republic does NOT work when people hold strong opinions but fail to make them known when push comes to vote. Not happy with the current system? Then do your duty as a citizen of this country and vote.

If you don't vote, you're spewing hot air. Your lips are simply writing a check your ass can't cash, and since you didn't participate in the system, you are partially to blame for any problems you see existing.

Grey

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 1999
I voted for Gore. But after the leadership we have seen in the last 2 years from Bush, I am glad fate intervened :)

RyanM

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
Grey, that brought a smile to my face.

Does anyone else shite their pants when they ponder how a spineless automaton like Gore would've handled the post-9/11 world?

Sends shivers down my spine.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: MachFive
Does anyone else shite their pants when they ponder how a spineless automaton like Gore would've handled the post-9/11 world?

My friends and I like to joke that if Gore were President, we'd be speaking Arabic to better understand the Arab plight...or some other left-wing, touchy-feely, do-goody BS. :)

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
I thought I was voting, but I didn't understand the stick thing and the card. Something about chads. I thought Chad was a country.;)

arcitech2

Apr 1, 2003

I don't want to start bashing Mr. Gore. He is a really nice guy, and he was funny on SNL. If our system was a pure Democracy, he would be the President right now, and that would make him my boss. So, as you can see, I don't want to bash Mr. Gore.
rolleye.gif

RyanM

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
Agreed. But.....we have a democratic republic.

And that allows me to breathe a sigh of relief. ;-)

exp

Platinum Member
May 9, 2001
Voter turnout is slightly overrated. I am constantly amazed by all of the people who mindlessly file into the voting booths to cast their votes for a particular party, while never really acquainting themselves with the candidates or the issues. If that's the way you vote then do us all a favor and stay home. I would much rather have 10% voter turnout than 100% if that means everyone who is casting a ballot is thoroughly familiar with the individual they are voting for, and that the other 90% (or whatever the actual figure is) of the voting public who can't be bothered to inform themselves of the current race is staying home.

Similarly, if *all* of the candidates for a certain race disgust you then please register your frustration by abstaining. Remember that it is up to us to force both parties to give us candidates this country can be proud of (and IMO we are not doing that right now). Voting is a good thing, of course, but we should never forget that an integral part of having the right to vote is having the right *not* to vote. Make the political parties work for your vote.

The voting system should be about QUALITY, not quantity. Vote responsibly or don't vote at all, so sez I.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: conjur
Twice!

:D

Your from florida right?:D
No...but I visit once a year. Although...I did have a secret affair with Theresa LaPorte and convinced her to design the butterfly ballot to make it confusing so that Gore would lose votes and Bush would win.

I also had a secret affair with Katherine Harris to be sure she would stifle any attempt at recounts.

And...well...might as well confess...I had a secret affair with Jeb Bush, too. Not for any particular reason....just wanted to.

:p

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Not at all, even though I didn't vote for Gore I think if Bush could do this maybe Gore could have too as I don't think that either Bush or Gore were great choices (that's why I wrote in McCain)

mee987

Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: exp
Vote responsibly or don't vote at all, so sez I.
i agree. ever wonder why we arent legally required to vote? because those of us who arent voting now wouldnt know enough to make an informed decision if we did vote. so leave us alone.

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Of course I did.

McCain was the real man. It's sad that 'awol' Bush got the nod in that party.

arcitech2

Apr 1, 2003
Voter turnout is slightly overrated. I am constantly amazed by all of the people who mindlessly file into the voting booths to cast their votes for a particular party, while never really acquainting themselves with the candidates or the issues. If that's the way you vote then do us all a favor and stay home. I would much rather have 10% voter turnout than 100% if that means everyone who is casting a ballot is thoroughly familiar with the individual they are voting for, and that the other 90% (or whatever the actual figure is) of the voting public who can't be bothered to inform themselves of the current race is staying home.

Similarly, if *all* of the candidates for a certain race disgust you then please register your frustration by abstaining. Remember that it is up to us to force both parties to give us candidates this country can be proud of (and IMO we are not doing that right now). Voting is a good thing, of course, but we should never forget that an integral part of having the right to vote is having the right *not* to vote. Make the political parties work for your vote.

The voting system should be about QUALITY, not quantity. Vote responsibly or don't vote at all, so sez I.

I suppose you feel we should hide our heads in the sand until this war is over too? If a candidate isn't good enough for you, look for one, get a soapbox and be your own candidate, write in a candidate, move to a state with an open ballot so that you can cross party lines and vote for the least offensive. To tell people not to vote is defeating the whole purpose. Why don't you get fired up and teach people about the issues, so that they can make an educated decision, or at the very least, help you support your candidate. Voting is the time to choose who is going to listen to us. Our duty to freedom is to stay informed, and I agree that some people are barely able to out wit a rock. But abstinence is only good for preventing STD's, not building a better government.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Ferocious
Of course I did.

McCain was the real man. It's sad that 'awol' Bush got the nod in that party.

You know, even if he wasn't my choice I have to give it up to Bush for at least having the courage to want this Job. Same goes for Gore.

arcitech2

Apr 1, 2003
Originally posted by: mee987
Vote responsibly or don't vote at all, so sez I.
i agree. ever wonder why we arent legally required to vote? because those of us who arent voting now wouldnt know enough to make an informed decision if we did vote. so leave us alone.

You have the right to remain ignorant, and I will defend, to the death, your right. But that doesn't make you right.

Edit: It doesn't make me right either.

swifty3

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Feldenak

My friends and I like to joke that if Gore were President, we'd be speaking Arabic to better understand the Arab plight...or some other left-wing, touchy-feely, do-goody BS. :)

Might do u some good to take on the perspective of someone else who lives on this planet. And if u could speak arabic, u could communicate with about a billion people. Wouldn't that be nice! The fact is, you have no idea how anyone else would have handled the difficult events we have had to deal with as of late. Besides, all Bush (the fvckin idiot) has done is invade Afghanistan and Iraq. Wow, what a smooth, brilliant tactician!

RossGr

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2000
I voted for Gore, will not vote for Bush next time either. BUT

While I surely wish that we could have found a better way of getting Saddam out of power, if this works hopefully the ends will justify the means. War should be a last resort, I thing GWB has wanted this war for since his dad did not finish the job in '91. I do not believe that he gave any other methods equal chance.